15 gallon pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandonhagen1

Reaction score
is 15 gallon pot too big for 5 gallon batches, ive been wanting to do 10 gallon batches but will still want to do 5s please tell me what you think thanks

Not at all, I do it all the time and its nice to be able to do ten gallon batches also

My homemade stainless kettle is over 21 gallons and I do mostly 5 gallon batches. The ability to grow (and not worry about boil overs), is worth it.

new set up.jpg

I just picked up a 15 gallon pot and do 5 batches in it all the time. Only problem is that the wort is so shallow that the wort chiller is only half submerged. I got mine for $50 at a flea market in Northern CA.

I just picked up a 15 gallon pot and do 5 batches in it all the time. Only problem is that the wort is so shallow that the wort chiller is only half submerged. I got mine for $50 at a flea market in Northern CA.

Yep. I built my IC for a 6 gallon pot which is what I started with. Now with my 15gal pot I have to lay it on its side. I am considering a closed system using a bilge pumping pre-chilled water in order to make it more efficient.

Wow. That seems to be a good deal for a 10 gallon pot. If you can, find a pot like this http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-10-Gallon-40-Quart-Aluminum-Cooking-Stock-Pot-/380346735123#vi-content

The thicker band around the top is the heavy gauge pots used in the food service industry. They will last forever and are way more durable than the thinner gauge you typically see.

Of course the last two links are for 10 gallon pots. I bought a 15 gallon one recently at bass pro for $125.00 or so. I would keep an eye on craigslist.

$(KGrHqQOKnME3bhhCLOPBN9!jvqCZg~~_3.jpg

Here ya go...

31wWW1ciCHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Bass Pro Shops® Stock Pot with Spigot and Basket - 60 Quart

$109.99

* Ideal for deep frying and boiling
* Heavy-gauge aluminum construction
* Large-capacity cooking
* Includes pot with copper spigot, basket and lid

Bass Pro Shops Stock Pot with Spigot and Basket is ideal for deep frying and boiling. Crafted of heavy-gauge aluminum, this 60 quart stock pot includes a lid, a copper spigot and basket. This Stock Pot is perfect for large-capacity cooking and for preparing seafood, meat, vegetables, stews and more!

For $30 more, you can get the 100-quart (25 gal) version.

That's the one I recently bought. The spigot sucks on mine. It drains real slow then will stop.

Back