10 jet mini propane burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bass0721

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just picked up 2 of these, I did some research but any words of wisdom would be welcome

:mug:

burner.jpg

sweet, thanks. nice rack. 2by stock, are there metal supports for the kegs?
hey, and that cajun place has the NG burners, too! for less than 30 bucks, schweet!

The keg are on 1/2 steel round bar. just simple 2by's and some bolts, screws, stain and a few coats of poly to make it easy to wipe down(or easier to catch on fire)

Hi, just checking back in here. Your rig looks like it's fun to brew on, and you gots dah burnerz! (I use generic HVAC collars as wind shields/ heat focusers around the one i have).

waiting for my pump to be delivered, burner is next.

I shortened the pipe by 4 inches and did a test run....all systems go! boiled 12 gal in about 40 min...holy #$%@ !!! the steel bars get hot, but i expect that if the frame was metal it would retain some heat.

nice flame! looks a bit warm.

careful, your wood is eventually going to start charring under the steel.

I used standard 1/2 inch gas pipe with gas ball valves. the tricky part is that the 10 jet propane burner is not a 1/2 fitting....easy fix. you need a reducer on the end of the pipe going to the burner to bring it down to 3/8. they have that in stock at every home improvement store (should be next to the pipe). I will take pictures of everything and load them on when i get home tonight..might brew tonight so there may be pics of that too. I am not the most handy person around, and this was not a difficult task for me.

Burner connection 1.jpg

90 degree.jpg

Gas Line.jpg

left side.jpg

long view.jpg

here are some of the picsof the connections..most of the fittings are standard, but the LP connection is flaired...that's good to know. also you need to purchase a nipple to connect the burners to the reducer on the end on the 1/2 pipe

thanks for the pics - rig looks nice

what pressure regulator are you using?

have you run both burners at the same time?

in the "burner on" picture....flame looks pretty yellow. maybe it is just the pic. Do you get much soot on the kegs?

Thanks!

These look like the shopperschoice ones that have been so problematic that they had to stop selling them due to too many returns. I didn't see the propane ones on that site. Got a link? I want to bookmark it just in case I lose another one and can't afford to spring for the tejas burners ones.

I posted about the Tejas ones, they are a superior product but they ain't cheap.

nice flame! looks a bit warm.

careful, your wood is eventually going to start charring under the steel.
Agreed. I would be on the hunt for some insulator rings that could be set inside the wood for the metal rods to contact (porcelain, glass).

Naw, Bass. I'm worried that after 1 or two hours, the steel bars will migrate the heat all on their own to the frame, and eventually cook the weight-bearing part.

Even if it does happen, it will still take a while, so no immediate worries.

The nice thing about big brew rigs like that, there is plenty of space to mount a fire extinguisher.

Back