10 Gallon Rubbermaid - Leaks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bburleson

Reaction score
So, I made an MLT out of a 10 Gallon Round Rubbermaid cooler (from Home Depot). Bought a 1/2" false bottom kit, bought a large silicone washer, and can't get a seal around the threads -- the I/D of the washer is 3/4, I think (but is all they had). I tighten everything up, but get a small leak - which I think is coming along the pipe, and not around the outer edge of the washer. Think some pipe thread tape would solve it, but don't know about putting that on the inside. Thoughts? Different size washer, fittings, pipe thread?
I'm sure others have this cooler in their set-up, and would like to hear how you addressed any leaks.

Maybe post a link to the kit you got. I have a similar sounding setup and don't have any leaking issues. Mine has a flat silicone washer on the outside of the cooler and a red silicone o ring on the inside.

Latest posts

Back