10# for the price of 5!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarMoeCur

Reaction score
Homebrew is the best ice breaker in the world! I broke a solder on my keggle last brew day. Well i need some stay brite to fix it. Called my local Airgas to see if they had any. Well they did so after work last week i picked it up. The guy helping me ask what i was using it for. i told him i was repairing my homebrew kettle. Well it turns out he's a good beer drinker and rattles off 4 or 5 of my favorites. Which i brew clones of all the time. Anyway, he hooks me up at cost for the stay brite. Well today my 5#co2 was empty for sure i'm heading to airgas. I walk in he's working. First thing he asks, what you brew this week. So, we talk about my Munich helles that is lagering away. well back to my empty bottle, i run through about a bottle every two month. my hydro had expired. So, i asked about getting a new one. Then i said what would a 10# cost me. He said i'll give a strait exchange and just charge you for the gas. I said hell yeah. When do you work next i'll swing some samples by for you to try. Ended up with a full ten pounder for about 25bucks. Happy dance.

Are you typing that with one hand, anyway, still to the day a little kindness and to extend the hand of friendship goes a long way. God bless America!!

Back