10 days and fruit still floating

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtybasementbrew

Reaction score
I put oranges and vanilla bean in secondary almost two weeks ago and they ate still floating? Is this ok?

image-4040861124.jpg

image-2818523441.jpg

image-1480012579.jpg

yep. I aged a triple on some peaches and they stayed afloat for the whole month.

Fantastic! One of my best homebrews to date.

13 # Belgian Pilsner Malt
.5 # White Wheat
.5 # Carapills
.5 # Flaked Oats
1 # Clear Candi Sugar

90 min boil
.25 oz Styrian Goldings for 60 min

WLP550
Aged for a month in primary, then was racked onto eight pounds of pitted, blanched and pealed Peaches and sat for two months. It was then racked to a third fermentor and fresh yeast was pitched. bottled three days later. sat at room temp for a month.

CBMbrewer said:
Fantastic! One of my best homebrews to date.

13 # Belgian Pilsner Malt
.5 # White Wheat
.5 # Carapills
.5 # Flaked Oats
1 # Clear Candi Sugar

90 min boil
.25 oz Styrian Goldings for 60 min

WLP550
Aged for a month in primary, then was racked onto eight pounds of pitted, blanched and pealed Peaches and sat for two months. It was then racked to a third fermentor and fresh yeast was pitched. bottled three days later. sat at room temp for a month.

Pitched again? To clean up fermentables from fruit?

I don't have the og and fg in front of me right now but I believe it was 1.08 down to 1.012 I mashed at about 150F and pitched fresh yeast because it had been a few months since initial fermentation and I wanted to be sure that the bottles would carb.

Back