1 month + no priming suger = ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sahuaro

Reaction score
I tried reposting on an old thread, but that deemed no responses, so here goes.

Almost 4weeks ago I bottled two batces of brew, one a wheat and the other a dunkel. Upon my refrigriation and tasting of these two this past weekend, I believe I may have forgotten my priming sugar in the wheat (it does happen :cross:).

I've ruled out most other possible causes for my extreme lack of carbonation, based on my past experience's with brew and this recipe inparticular.

Any suggestions on solutions besides just drinking it. Which i have considered.
Thanks.

Uhhhmmm... Get a kegging system lol. Sersly though, uh... Your options are to keep the brew the way it is or re-boottle condition by slowly (no bubbles) pour out each beer into a bottling bucket and recarb. There are probably other ways. There's always another way. RDWHAHB.

If you kept them at room temperature at least two weeks, there should be at least a little carbonation. Sounds like you forgot the sugar. Popping the tops and adding carb tabs then recapping will work fine. Or, drinking it to hide your shame.

Yes there is a little bit of carbonation, but not what should be there. Not even close.

I'm wondering that if left to their own devices, could the brews actually fully carbonate themselves over a longer time period, or could this possibly lead to a flat, over-conditioned wheat not worth cleaning your toilet bowl with if not properly taken care of .

Are their any downfalls or hints about popping caps adding carb tabs and recapping?

Thanks all!

Yes there is a little bit of carbonation, but not what should be there. Not even close.

I'm wondering that if left to their own devices, could the brews actually fully carbonate themselves over a longer time period, or could this possibly lead to a flat, over-conditioned wheat not worth cleaning your toilet bowl with if not properly taken care of .

Are their any downfalls or hints about popping caps adding carb tabs and recapping?

Thanks all!

Downfalls would be oxidation and sanitation concerns.

How long did you let them sit before you put them in the refrigerator?

I did the same thing with my American Brown Ale a while back, I pour them from like 6 feet above the glass and I get a little head. The lack of carbonation when I take a sip doesn't bother me too much...with a wheat though I might risk it.

Latest posts

Back