1 Gallon All Grain Brew Buying On-Line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juskojj

Reaction score
So do any of you 1 gallon brewers buy grain on-line? if so were?

is there any place on-line you can buy grains ect.. for less than 1lb?

worst case i suppose is i can freeze the grains to use later for another batch..... i know even crushed grains in an air tight bag stored in freezer will last for at least a month if not more (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

http://www.ritebrew.com/

I buy from there from time to time but usually in larger quantities. I bought a Corona style grain mill so I can buy whole grains and mill them as I want, when I want.

Crushed grains stored in a dry location will keep far longer than a month even at room temp. I'd expect them to still be quite good in 6 months.

I brew 2G all grain batches and have gotten my grains from RiteBrew each time. I like that you can buy in small quantities, they will mix all the grains for my recipe in one bag and will double mill if requested too. Plus I have found they get my order out very quickly and answer emailed questions promptly. Highly recommend them.

I third ritebrew

Good prices, and they get it out quick. Of the 2 times I have ordered from them, the order was delivered next day for under 10 dollars, and was packed properly. wyeast has an ice pack, and was fresh, date codes on the odds and ends are good, hops appear to be stored properly and were fresh, even the 2014 crop of triskel hops I ordered (3 months ago).

Don't store grain in the freezer. That's a moist environment, and grain prefers it dry.

I keep my grain in my house boiler room in the basement, which has crazy low humidity, especially in winter. Of course it is sealed in bags or bins. The grain will last a really long time, as in at least a year, with no noticeable degradation, if kept this way.

Back