1 fermenter cleared and the other didn't

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DickRitz

Reaction score
I'm sure someone else has had this problem, but I couldn't think of good search terms to find another thread.

I brewed a 10gal AG batch a few weeks back. It was split, I thought, evenly into 2-5gal primaries. I normally switch the outflow of the chiller between the buckets every couple gallons and I definitely try to split the half trub half wort half hop partials stuff evenly. In this case the same yeast from the same starter was used on both. One of the batches looks like a nice clear beer and the other is really cloudy; looks like hell. I don't normally have clarity problems, but the other couple times is was both batches. Other than excess trub in one batch, which I would think would settle out, I'm at a loss for ideas. Also, I didn't have any chiller issues.

If you have any ideas about what went wrong that would be great. Also, how to fix it; maybe isinglass?

Back