1 CO2 tank, 6 corny kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoserbrau

Reaction score
So I've brewed up 6 different styles of beer in 6 different kegs for a friend's party. I have all the kegs and picnic taps, but I only have 1 CO2 tank/regulator. I don't mind pushing the same PSI into each keg for the party, so I was hoping to engineer my own pressurizing system stemming from the single CO2 tank/regulator (which I will be prepared to switch out if it runs out). It's basically 5 brass tees splitting the gas line to 6 kegs. Here is my schematic; do you think it will work?
gasx.jpg

It will work, but you should add a cheap check valve between each keg and the tee it attaches to. This way no beer could possibly move from one keg into another or back to your regulator. Without them, if you pull the relief valve on one of the kegs, it will vacuum headspace & possibly beer from the other kegs.

Yes, check valves are a must!
Also, check ebay for cheap co2 manifolds. You can probably find one for around the same price as all the tees and check valves alone, and they usually come with check valves.

This is the header I made with spare parts from an HVAC shop. Valves + Compression fittings + Copper. It's set up for 4 kegs... and I'm not sure that it's leakproof. I ran out of 2 partial CO2 tanks pretty fast. It'll probably work for 1 party... but I'ld suck it up and save for a real header from one of the providers (they will also have check valves in them). This would cost as much retail as just buying a header.

header_FB.jpg

Back