05 finished in 48 hours? Grain to glass in 7 days?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONNYROTTEN

Reaction score
I pitched a 3 week old slurry of US05 in Yoopers house pale ale Saturday at 7AM.Today Monday at 7AM air lock activity stopped krausen has dropped and I'm at 1.006.It was crankin away at 7 PM on Saturday.(12 hours after pitching) I use US05 slurry almost exclusively and never had it finish this fast.I cant imagine it will get much below .006.This strikes me as a bit to soon to be finished.Anyone have 05 finish this fast? I was trying to have it kegged for a party on Saturday but wrote it off thinking that would be way to soon.Now I'm not sure,it might just be doable for G to G in 7 days including carb time?? Might not be at its best but still be quality enough to share?OG was 1.054 at 68 deg liquid temp.Temp controlled

I was thinking:
Dryhop this evening(Monday) for 2 days(brufesser blind taste test will agree 2 days works)
Cold crash Wednesday evening for 24 hours
Force carb Thursday evening.Gelatin in keg to help clear
serve Saturday evening.
This will give the yeast 2 days from now to clean up a bit.
And yes I know its way fast but Id like to have a homebrew to pass around.

Your schedule is very do-able IMO. Actually if you took some shortcuts you could add another day for dry hopping. Depending on if your keg will remain stationary (keezer) or if you move it around you could cold crash in the keg, I'm assuming you could also dry hop and carbonate at the same time as well.

Found this thread on the subject of cold crashing in the keg.
https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?topic=23213.0

Back