Things to do when drinking - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Things to do when drinking

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 02:01 AM   #1
bluefoxicy
Recipes 

Aug 2008
Inner Harbor, Baltimore, MD
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Did I mention I don't really like alcohol, and tried a couple weeks ago to get a buzz to find out what it's like?

The most I've done is 8 ounces of Bacardi and 10 ounces of Khalua in under 2 hours. I'll try harder, when I can stand gulping the stuff down; shooting it straight is still tough, but easier than when I started.

Effect: Uh, what effect does drinking 8 ounces of water have on you in 2 hours?

How much alcohol do I need before I should feel a buzz? More interesting, how much do I need before I can pretend the alcohol is causing me to make crude comments about girls' tits? ;p

More interesting than that: What if you simply didn't get drunk? What would you do after 12 beers when your friends all think you're fairly disoriented?

Old 08-30-2008, 02:09 AM   #2
VatorMan
Recipes 

Apr 2008
Maryland

Is this a test? Alcohol affects people differently based on their person. A large fat person can absorb more alcohol than a skinny dude can. You should be able to make crude comments about a girls tits just by holding a can of cheap beer. Hell, it's expected.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:12 AM   #3
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 7699 Times on 5411 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
You should be able to make crude comments about a girls tits just by holding a can of cheap beer. Hell, it's expected.
Well, I rarely make crude comments about girls' tits, but then again, I rarely hold a can of cheap beer. I'm more of the type who drinks an expensive microbrew out of a glass and comments on guys' asses, though. One thing I noticed- the more I drink, the better looking the butts are.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:13 AM   #4
Neunelfer
Recipes 

Aug 2008
Northern California
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

13 drinks in 2 hours and you didn't feel anything? You are either a very large person or lying, pick one.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:19 AM   #5
VatorMan
Recipes 

Apr 2008
Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperBrew View Post
Well, I rarely make crude comments about girls' tits, but then again, I rarely hold a can of cheap beer. I'm more of the type who drinks an expensive microbrew out of a glass and comments on guys' asses, though. One thing I noticed- the more I drink, the better looking the butts are.
OK-If you ever visit me-You only get PBR or bud light. No offense.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:23 AM   #6
BigKahuna
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Eastern Colorado
Liked 52 Times on 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neunelfer View Post
You are either a very large person or lying, pick one.
+1
Kanuna is 6'3" and about 350#, and drink quite a bit of beer, I'd say I have a fair tolerance.....That'd put me in the slobbering category.

Try Again.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:23 AM   #7
MikeFlynn74

Recipes 

Nov 2007
ANCHORAGE!!
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

I like to get on the highway and just cruise

no I dont.

I like to get on the wife. then pass out. nothing in between
Originally Posted by Tenchiro View Post
The successful have nobody to blame but themselves, I really wish they would take some responsibility for their own actions...

Old 08-30-2008, 02:27 AM   #8
bluefoxicy
Recipes 

Aug 2008
Inner Harbor, Baltimore, MD
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neunelfer View Post
13 drinks in 2 hours and you didn't feel anything? You are either a very large person or lying, pick one.
It's only 4 shots of Bacardi Gold (ick) and one 10 ounce khalua bottle (10% ABV).

ThinkGeek :: Cool Shooters Ice Shot Glasses

2 ounces. Fill, dump in 10 ounce cup, add coke. Drink soda like a retarded 6th grader. After 4 of these, dump the khalua into a mug with some milk, drink it down, then wake up 3 hours later with a stomach ache and blame the milk (it was even Lactaid!).

EDIT: Was this about the 12 beers comment I posed in hypothetical form? The concept just seemed amusing to me; I've never had 12 beers.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:27 AM   #9
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 523 Times on 420 Posts

Kid, what do you weigh? About 130#, soaking wet?

Don't lie to us, it's not going to get you respect. By your own admission, you've drank less beer in your life than most of us did before we were 16. I ain't buying your "8 ounces of Bacardi and 10 ounces of Khalua in under 2 hours," unless the Bacardi in question happened to be stuff your older brother had diluted to about 20 proof in your parent's liquor cabinet.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 08-30-2008, 02:36 AM   #10
BigKahuna

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Eastern Colorado
Liked 52 Times on 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird View Post
Kid, what do you weigh? About 130#, soaking wet?

Don't lie to us, it's not going to get you respect. By your own admission, you've drank less beer in your life than most of us did before we were 16. I ain't buying your "8 ounces of Bacardi and 10 ounces of Khalua in under 2 hours," unless the Bacardi in question happened to be stuff your older brother had diluted to about 20 proof in your parent's liquor cabinet.
OMG...He's started 15 new threads, and only 95 posts.... He hasn't had time to be drinking.

Closed Thread