Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > First Kegged Beer

Old 08-17-2008, 12:14 AM   #1
ISUBrew79
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default First Kegged Beer

Today I wanted to brew BierMuncher's OktoberFAST ale. I had everything ready to go. I went to light my propane burner to heat my strike water, and propane was leaking out from the regulator. So I have to wait to brew until I get a new regulator.

I had 2 kegged beers sitting at room temp waiting to be put in my Oster 5.0 cf fridge kegerator( once I buy it). Well, rather than waste the 20 lbs of ice I had purchased for cooling my wort, I chilled down my 2.5 gallons of summer ordinary bitter ghetto style in a picnic cooler. I force carbed by shaking at 30 psi a few times (didn't take long, probably due to so much headspace in the keg) I just pulled my pint, and it is quite nice. Perhaps I'll post a pic of this beer later this evening.

Old 08-17-2008, 12:17 AM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 5929 Times on 4227 Posts
Likes Given: 1514

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISUBrew79 View Post
Today I wanted to brew BierMuncher's OktoberFAST ale. I had everything ready to go. I went to light my propane burner to heat my strike water, and propane was leaking out from the regulator. So I have to wait to brew until I get a new regulator.

I had 2 kegged beers sitting at room temp waiting to be put in my Oster 5.0 cf fridge kegerator( once I buy it). Well, rather than waste the 20 lbs of ice I had purchased for cooling my wort, I chilled down my 2.5 gallons of summer ordinary bitter ghetto style in a picnic cooler. I force carbed by shaking at 30 psi a few times (didn't take long, probably due to so much headspace in the keg) I just pulled my pint, and it is quite nice. Perhaps I'll post a pic of this beer later this evening.
Well, I like the bad news..........good news aspect to this thread! I'd love to see a picture!

Follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans
But I'm pretty boring so don't expect much!
https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans

Old 08-17-2008, 01:24 AM   #3
ISUBrew79
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Pic of the Brew

Here's my summer ordinary bitter, fresh out of the keg.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:32 PM   #4
ISUBrew79
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

FWIW,

In the future I'll use the "set-and-forget" method of force-carbing. Shaking the keg definitely stirred up what little sediment was in the beer, and it took a couple days for that to settle back down and start pouring clear beer again.