Best way to make coffee stout?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen a couple ways of doing so. I thought about brewing with mesh.

Not sure what you mean "with mesh".

But i add Cold Brewed coffee to the bottling bucket when I do mine. I add about 8 oz to 2 gallons of beer. I have done this about 5 times and it's never been bad.

+1 cold brew in the keg, or secondary. I used 16 Oz in a 5 gallon batch. The best part is you can add a little at a time until u reach ur desired flavor.

I brewed my first one of these a month ago, its carbing now so I need to wait another week for a taster. I tossed 3oz of whole beans in the primary 24h before bottling. Had a good hit of coffee at bottling time, but also some extra bitterness. If it comes out good, you can't beat this method for simplicity.

Thanks for all the feed back. This will be my second brew in a few weeks as I have Belgium blonde brewing now.

I recently made a coffee porter that I am super happy with the results. When it was ready to keg I combined 4oz of Fancy Bourbon Santos varietal coffee very coarsely ground with a quart of cold water and steeped it in my fridge for 24 hours. It was poured through a mesh bag into the keg then the beer was racked on top of it.

I use a cold coffee press, about 6oz. of coffee by weight with 40oz. of cold tap water for 24 hours than pitch to secondary or keg. I use 2 for more coffee kick at times, really good results.

IMG_20130719_115747_311.jpg

Back