My home bar/brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattsearle

Reaction score
I'm sat at home bored so I figured I'd put up a few pics of my recently complete pub shed/ home bar. I've aimed for a traditional English pub feel and think I've got pretty close.
Still a few little bits and bobs to finish up but overall I'm pretty chuffed with how's it's turned out.

Here it is....

View attachment 1468859595945.jpg

View attachment 1468859605802.jpg

View attachment 1468859617932.jpg

View attachment 1468859626249.jpg

View attachment 1468859633983.jpg

View attachment 1468859670002.jpg

Woah dude, what are the dimensions on that thing? I feel like I wouldn't even be able to stand up in it. Definitely looks cozy though. Cool man.

Looks terrific.
Only change I would make is getting rid of the bench. Replace with a lazy boy.
This way you have some place to sleep after SWMBO throws you out for spendin too much time there

Woah dude, what are the dimensions on that thing? I feel like I wouldn't even be able to stand up in it. Definitely looks cozy though. Cool man.

It's about 12' x 12'. It's not as cozy as it looks in the photos I regularly have 7 or 8 guys in there for a session and it's not cramped at all. Works out well with me behind the bar, 2, sometimes 3 sat/ stood at the bar, 3 or 4 sat around the table (2 either side) and if need be another 1 or 2 guys on a small table that I've now got on the far side under the TV. 3 men can sit on the bench pretty comfortably. I went back and forth with the design before building it to try and squeeze every bit of usable space that I could from what space I had available to build it.

Looks terrific.
Only change I would make is getting rid of the bench. Replace with a lazy boy.
This way you have some place to sleep after SWMBO throws you out for spendin too much time there

Ha I contemplated not having the bench and just having a few stools as it would have got me maybe almost another foot of space as the bench is pretty chunky, but it's definitely the best seat in the house as it faces the TV. A lazyboy would pretty much fill the place I reckon ha!

What's sad is my Mrs absolutely loves it she's in there having girls nights more than I get to use it!

KineMxneT.gif

In terms of headroom the ceiling is 7'6" from the floor so plenty of room. I originally built the walls for an 8' ceiling (2.40m which is standard in the UK), but I wanted it to feel more like a cosy little pub so dropped it a little.

The post title says home bar/brewery so do you also brew in there? That is a very nice man cave (and woman cave as it turns out).

The post title says home bar/brewery so do you also brew in there? That is a very nice man cave (and woman cave as it turns out).

Until now I've been brewing outside on a propane burner, but I'm just now completing my control panel and finishing up my electric brewpot so that I can brew in there. As I'm tight for space I can't have a permanent set up in there so it will be such that I can set it up as and when I intend to brew.

Thanks as well :)

That's amazing a lot of time and effort has gone into it by the looks of things!!
Is the beer pump working?

That's amazing a lot of time and effort has gone into it by the looks of things!!

Hey thanks man! Yes both pumps are working with homebrew on kegs. I've also now got a traditional beer engine as well since these pictures were taken!

Hey thanks man! Yes both pumps are working with homebrew on kegs. I've also now got a traditional beer engine as well since these pictures were taken!

You've done well to say the least!
I don't suppose you know the answer to my predicament. I've made a small bar on a miniture scale in my 10-10 foot shed nothing like yours I wish!!

I've got a woodpecker pump and trying to get it wired up so I can get my keg working but I don't know which wires go where?

Don't want to stick them randomly in transformer as it will blow up knowing my luck.

image.jpg

Looks great! My only advice would be to get rid of the upside down bottles with the the caps that pre measure the liquor. Just a personal pet peeve as a former bartender. But as for the rest of it I am extremely jealous. Well done!

You've done well to say the least!
I don't suppose you know the answer to my predicament. I've made a small bar on a miniture scale in my 10-10 foot shed nothing like yours I wish!!

I've got a woodpecker pump and trying to get it wired up so I can get my keg working but I don't know which wires go where?

Don't want to stick them randomly in transformer as it will blow up knowing my luck.

Hi Matty,
I don't know how much help I can be I'm afraid as both my pumps have the more common 2 wire flex, which fit into the red and black on the transformer and away you go? Does your transformer have 2 inputs or 4? I've put a picture at the bottom so you can see what I mean (sorry if it's not clear)? Are you in the UK? Can you access the other side of the flex to see where the other ends of those cables go as it may be that only 2 of them go to the light?

Sorry I know that's a lot of questions!

View attachment 1469392261808.jpg

Looks great! My only advice would be to get rid of the upside down bottles with the the caps that pre measure the liquor. Just a personal pet peeve as a former bartender. But as for the rest of it I am extremely jealous. Well done!

Haha I hear you but as someone who rarely drinks spirits/ liquor (with the exception of the occasional shot of 80% 'Stroh' to get the party started) they're more just to make it look like a crappy old English pub!

Haha I hear you but as someone who rarely drinks spirits/ liquor (with the exception of the occasional shot of 80% 'Stroh' to get the party started) they're more just to make it look like a crappy old English pub!

Haha, yeah, I guess it does make it look more like a real pub. Either way it's still great!

When I grow up I want one!
Really nice job, and yes... definitely has the feeling of the snug from years ago down at my first real watering hole back in Sheffield

Latest posts

Back