Home made Kegerator skins/refacing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berheidebrau

Reaction score
I got a used kegerator that works great but I'm looking for some ideas for the front. It's a Danby stainless, but it's got tons of dents on the face...any cool ideas?

I love the kegerators people have made using antique wood furniture as facades or coverings. Like putting the kegerator inside an antique radio wood (with the electronics removed).

I'm planning to build one down the road with the wooden bar top finish and beer labels plastered over it in a collage.

Automotive car wrap vinyl
Available in Chrome, Carbon Fiber, brushed stainless, Snakeskin, Wood grain, Pearl, Color Shifting, Glow in the Dark, Holographic, Glitter Finish, Matte, Gloss, Window/Headlamp Tint, all in a variety of colors.

Seriously, the woodgrain look will make it look straight out of the late 70's. The dents will add to the illusion, too probably.

Or you could always opt for bondo and spraypaint.

Or keep it simple... Collect brewery stickers and slap them on there. That's what I've done over the years and it makes for a great conversation piece when people haven't heard of a brewery and ask about it. Simple and somewhat cheap.

Sand the stainless to give it some texture, prime it with a decent primer (Rust-O-Leum appliance primer works well), then cover the whole thing in chalkboard paint. It works great if you use just the plain black tap handles, and you can always do what pshankstar said.

I had the same issue as the OP. My used kegerator had a few dents in it. I ordered a magnetic chalkboard from Amazon and slapped it centered on the door. My wife, who is WAY more artistic then me, decorates it around what beers I have on tap. I have also been saving bottle caps for quite some time. I got magnets at Home Depot and put those around the chalkboard. Turned out pretty good and took care of the dent problem so well my wife let me put it in our kitchen. :mug:

Here is the chalkboard....http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BM9AGCU/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

IMG_20151204_185014_zpsvveb4trk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back