My kezzer build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarMoeCur

Reaction score
SHMBO got me a 15.69cf freezer for Christmas. I wasn't planning on building a monster but now that I have it. A monster it will be! Put some casters and a frame on it over the weekend. Not sure what I want it to look like but bar rail molding is a must. Time for some wood shop time! Right after I take the Christmas lights down.

View attachment 1451922396811.jpg

Cove cut one 6 foot and two 3 foot rails. Now it's time to sand those tool marks away. Let's start with 80 grit and see what happens. Router table is next to I'm thinking 3/4 round over. I'll need to run a few test pieces to make sure.

bar rail.jpg
bar rail2.jpg

same exact freezer I just used for my build. it was a great deal at Home Depot if that's where you guys got it. I wouldn't be surprised if more of them popped up on here. If I can find some time I plan to add t to the chest freezer size thread.

good luck with your build. I used this as a garage keezer for now but do plan to move it inside and enclose it some day. so I'll be following this!

Bmbigda,

Frigidaire from HomeDepot it is. I think it was $430 bucks delivered. Setting it to run at 42F was super easy.

did you do that without using an external temp controller? I would definitely be interested in hearing more about that. don't want to hijack your thread.

Bmbigda,

Super easy. Unplug it. Take the two screws off the side panel with the control knob. Looking at the control knob unit you will see that is wrapped in tape. Peal up the tape on the side that does not have the part serial numbers and information sticker on it. There is only one screw and it is right on the top under that tape. I turned to the right about 8 to 10 full turns. I put a big glass of water in the freezer and put a temp prob in the water. Plugged it back in and let it run over night. It was at 46F first try. Repeated the steps but this time turned the screw about 2 full turns to the left. Left it again for about 8 hours. It's been running at 42F for a week.

Latest posts

Back