The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 242 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 01-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #2411
newb
Recipes 

May 2011
Liked 27 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness
In real life, when I can feel an argument breaking out for no reason over a topic as not-argument-worthy as beer I am often tempted to cut a loud, noxious fart.
Haha good luck convincing a forum full of beer lovers that beer isn't "argument worthy" but this particular topic you are probably right about. Thanks for calming me down. Haha

Old 01-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #2412
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

Y'know how from Halloween to Christmas day you hear Christmas carols on the radio everywhere you go? You know how annoying that gets after a while, hearing "Red Shoes" for the 900 time on December 1st?

THATS what the "BMC sucks" argument is like here at HBT.

Just dont drink it if you hate it.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 01-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #2413
newb
Recipes 

May 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness
Y'know how from Halloween to Christmas day you hear Christmas carols on the radio everywhere you go? You know how annoying that gets after a while, hearing "Red Shoes" for the 900 time on December 1st?

THATS what the "BMC sucks" argument is like here at HBT.

Just dont drink it if you hate it.
Wasn't trying to start a BMC argument

The thread is dumb comments on your beer
My brother tasted a Belgian whites and wants me to make a bud light clone... I think that qualifies
And someone quickly jumped in their defense

Anyways getzinator had a nice constructive suggestion thanks

Old 01-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #2414
TyTanium
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Liked 554 Times on 390 Posts

Easy fellas, we're all friends here.

newb, your comment definitely qualifies. Most of us here have gotten something similar at some point.

I was merely pointing out that rice & corn aren't "crap that makes them cheap" ...those adjuncts are distinctive to the style. Most homebrewed light lager recipes also include corn or rice.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #2415
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

I gave a non-beer drinker a sip of my first beer, an "Everyday IPA". "I don't like it, but I can tell it is good"

I don't know how that works. Ha!

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 01-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #2416
newb
Recipes 

May 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTanium
Easy fellas, we're all friends here.

newb, your comment definitely qualifies. Most of us here have gotten something similar at some point.

I was merely pointing out that rice & corn aren't "crap that makes them cheap" ...those adjuncts are distinctive to the style. Most homebrewed light lager recipes also include corn or rice.
Alright cool, good to know. I guess it is just since the majority of American lights I have been exposed to, happen to be BMC and so I have had little interest in this style, purchasing or brewing and therefore very little research other than what gets posted on here like "oh yeah adjuncts and corn syrup equals bmc sucks" So I honestly didn't know those adjuncts are common even to the good ones so thanks. It's really mostly a matter of personal preference of mine anyway I mostly like Belgians, trappists, and RIS, occasionally dabble into wit if I'm feeling on the "light" side but even most of my wheat beers are dunkel so these aware the styles I have researched and know a lot about

Old 01-03-2013, 04:55 PM   #2417
paulster2626

Recipes 

Aug 2011
Ontario, Canada
Liked 337 Times on 226 Posts

If you can make an american light lager without any off flavours or other flaws, then you have reached "Brewer" status.

Try the centennial blonde ale recipe - it's quite popular, and quite good. A great tasting 4% beer. Nice and simple, and great for giving to friends who come over and want to try homebrew for the first time.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #2418
jerrodm
Recipes 

Sep 2012
Silver Spring, MD
Liked 123 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
Let me put it this way, I think Clamato is terrifying.
Now you know it's crazy, if even CG thinks it's too much!
For they garner the succulent berries of the hop and mass and sift and bruise and brew them and they mix therewith sour juices and bring the must to the sacred fire and cease not night or day from their toil, those cunning brothers, lords of the vat. -James Joyce

On deck: Orange Cranberry Wit, Dusseldorf Altbier
Primary: Belgian Partigyle Tripel/Saison, 1/1
Secondary: none
Bottles: Northern Brown Ale, 1/10; English IPA, 12/31; Cider, 12/9; White House Honey Ale AG, 12/9;

Old 01-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #2419
newb
Recipes 

May 2011

Seems there was some misunderstanding of what i was trying to say in this post. Deleted by me for the sake of a better more friendly forum.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #2420
jerrodm
Recipes 

Sep 2012
Silver Spring, MD
Liked 123 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
In real life, when I can feel an argument breaking out for no reason over a topic as not-argument-worthy as beer I am often tempted to cut a loud, noxious fart.
Give that man a cee-gar! I just laughed out loud in my cubicle, people are now staring at me.
For they garner the succulent berries of the hop and mass and sift and bruise and brew them and they mix therewith sour juices and bring the must to the sacred fire and cease not night or day from their toil, those cunning brothers, lords of the vat. -James Joyce

On deck: Orange Cranberry Wit, Dusseldorf Altbier
Primary: Belgian Partigyle Tripel/Saison, 1/1
Secondary: none
Bottles: Northern Brown Ale, 1/10; English IPA, 12/31; Cider, 12/9; White House Honey Ale AG, 12/9;