The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 190 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 03-19-2012, 09:25 PM   #1891
JoeyChopps

Recipes 

Apr 2011
warner robins, ga
Liked 280 Times on 190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegh

I had never heard of Keith Stone except on Keystone bilboards, so I finally looked him up on Wikipedia. Now I know why I'd never heard of him before: He was made up by Coors to market Keystone.

Does that count as a stupid comment on someone else's beer?
I think this comment makes the list

Old 03-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #1892
NateLTB

Recipes 

Jan 2012
Seattle, Washington
Liked 81 Times on 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGHBrewer View Post
Had my stout at a party and lots of people were drinking it. Went up to a lady with a bottle in her hand, I asked her what she thought. She said "yeah, I just brewed this one up" I just smiled and walked away.
You are a better man than I. I would have probably punched her right in the babymaker.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:42 AM   #1893
Kaotica
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Dec 2011
Concord, NC
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

I gave a couple to a friend, a simple brown and a simple pale. He raved to everyone about the pale and told everyone the brown was way too strong, with escalating abv guesses topping out around 12%. The brown was a smooth but hoppy 4.2% and the pale was a mistake and was 7.5% with a noticeable dactyl (sp?) bitter, slippery aftertaste.

He literally kept saying I was mistaken in which beer had what abv. :-/

Old 03-21-2012, 02:58 AM   #1894
funkapottomous
Recipes 

Feb 2010
Houston, Texas
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotica View Post
I gave a couple to a friend, a simple brown and a simple pale. He raved to everyone about the pale and told everyone the brown was way too strong, with escalating abv guesses topping out around 12%. The brown was a smooth but hoppy 4.2% and the pale was a mistake and was 7.5% with a noticeable dactyl (sp?) bitter, slippery aftertaste.

diacetyl

Old 03-21-2012, 04:15 AM   #1895
bottlebomber

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts

Teradiacetyl

People Like This 
Old 03-21-2012, 04:39 AM   #1896
djfriesen
Recipes 

Sep 2011
Liked 26 Times on 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotica View Post

Well, just remember that your friend is ALWAYS right. Regardless of the situation. Even if you brew it, he still knows more about the specifics of the beer.

As the Buddha says: "The lack of expectations is the lack of disappointment" (or something like that)

Old 03-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #1897
spearko520
Recipes 

Dec 2011
allentown, PA
Liked 57 Times on 55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Teradiacetyl
what's the worst thing about sex in the mesozoic era?
dinosaurs all over your penis.

BudzAndSudz Likes This 
Old 03-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #1898
zegolf

Recipes 

Dec 2011
Owings Mills, MD

Gave a witbier to a friend. Asked him what he thought. His response?

"Tastes like Yuengling"

Really?

Old 03-21-2012, 11:02 PM   #1899
dannypo
Recipes 

Jan 2007
Near Detroit
Liked 42 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zegolf
Gave a witbier to a friend. Asked him what he thought. His response?

"Tastes like Yuengling"

Really?
Maybe it was the pilsener malt flavor. Early on in my beer drinking I tasted Oberon and said it tasted like Pilsner Urquell. It was the only other beer I had that tasted like saaz.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #1900
RedGuitar
Recipes 

Nov 2010
Raleigh, NC
Liked 28 Times on 20 Posts

Not on my beer, but too dumb not to share:

Went to Aviator brewing yesterday and took the tour. It was very crowded, and quite a few of the folks on the tour had been imbibing before the tour. At the start of the tour, the guide starts handing out handfuls of barley and encouraging people to try eating some. The two drunks beside me, upon receiving a handful of grain, asked, "So is this the hops?"

Seriously? I can understand not being able to recognize hops, but you should recognize that you've just been handed a grain.

When they did hand out the hops (seriously, he had a big bag full of whole centennial hops and just started handing out handfuls; I considered put them in my pocket) the guys asked if they could eat those. I really wanted to see that.

"Good men drink good beer." -Hunter S. Thompson