Cicerone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcownz747

Certified Cicerone, YPG vet
Reaction score
Hey everybody!

I passed my Cicerone 1 exam about 3 weeks ago in 12 minutes with a 97%. I skipped studying for Cicerone 1, and studied instead for Cicerone 2.

I'm currently in one of the "road to cicerone" classes (English and Irish beers), and am planning on hopping into the "Keeping and Serving Beer" course next week.

Does anybody here have experience with taking the Cicerone 2 exam? If so, what problems did you have? What was hardest? What did your practicals consist of? Are there any classes/books you'd suggest for studying (particularly regarding beer pairing or the tasting portion)?

I'm planning on taking my level 2 after February, and would love any input from others.

I have no economic incentive to get Cicerone 2. I'm managing a winery full time, and working as the manager of a beer department part time. The store that I work for with beer has set pay rates, and doesn't pay any more for experience. However, beer is my passion, and I want this more than anything. Any help or advice would be awesome.

Back