Help me make a good bottle of beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forestman4

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I currently have access to only sugar, bakers yeast and water, now being my first time brewing, I have a bottle sitting in my shelf which contains sugar water + yeast. I don't know if this is going to give me a good drink. Or how long to let it sit.

So people, if you could help me make a good 60 - 100 proof alcohol drink with only these materials I would be very glad, Thanks!

Seems like you're doing a good job already. You could try adding some coffee to make a stout out of it.

Sent from hell
using Home Brew

Can I add coffee at this stage? And how much proof could I expect my drink to be?

I agree coffee would be a nice touch.. Also, I'd let the pressure out of that bottle too.. "some one" might be upset when you ruin your their suitcases...

He's kidding around with you. That is not beer in that bottle and will never be any type of beer! You are wrong on many levels thinking that is or will be beer.

If you are trying to produce ethanol you are on the right track just don't expect it to taste like beer. It is likely to be very nasty tasting.

How much sugar? What kind of sugar? Without taking some gravity measurements it's hard to determine the abv (proof) of your "drink".

Beer needs grains and hops, so you basically made sugar wine. I am going to guess that your drink will be very dry and not taste very good.

I would let it sit for a couple weeks, until the activity inside has slowed to a stop. Then put it in the refrigerator for a couple days. Then decide if you want to bottle it or just drink it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back