• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB chassis/radio knockout punches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumulusHead

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all

Building a e brew system and would like to buy some knockout punches if someone has some.

I've been doing it so far with a step bit, but I'd like to speed up the process and obtain better results at the same time.

I'm not positive which sizes I need at this point, but I'll mention what I have left to make holes for

Heating elements (1-1/4" I think?)
Ball valves (1/2" I think?)
Site glass (not sure atm)

I have various holes in my control panel i still need to make, but I should be able to get them with a step bit unless someone has some smaller size punches. To fit:

XLR plugs
aviation plugs

I'll need to check on these sizes.

And I have one huge hole that is much bigger than my step bit. It's for a flanged NEMA 14-30 outlet. Will check on this size too.

Wasn't too sure of the sizes at this point, but I want to start getting the word out in case people see this!

Thanks!!

I don't know how much you want to spend but I bought a used set of greenlee punches off ebay for $40 delivered. It came with 6 punches, 1/2-2". Harbor Freight also has a punch set for $25 I think the big one will make a 1 1/2" hole.

I have a 9/16" greenlee punch for sale: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=537075

It works for stuff that is 1/4 inch like the smaller temp probes and possibly your xlr jacks. It is new, I am looking to get $27 shipped for it.

I also have a new qmax 13/16 punch and a used greenlee 13/16 punch... would take $25 for either of them shipped. These are for the ball valves.

Also, have the 1/2 conduit punch that I am still using but would be willing to sell when I am done with it. $25 as well.

If you buy more than one of these I will cut you a deal...

Also, for the nema plugs you want this 2-1/4" hole saw - it does not come with the arbor but you can either buy it separately or get one with an arbor

Last edited:
I have a 9/16" greenlee punch for sale: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=537075

It works for stuff that is 1/4 inch like the smaller temp probes and possibly your xlr jacks. It is new, I am looking to get $27 shipped for it.

I also have a new qmax 13/16 punch and a used greenlee 13/16 punch... would take $25 for either of them shipped. These are for the ball valves.

Also, have the 1/2 conduit punch that I am still using but would be willing to sell when I am done with it. $25 as well.

If you buy more than one of these I will cut you a deal...

Also, for the nema plugs you want this 2-1/4" hole saw - it does not come with the arbor but you can either buy it separately or get one with an arbor

The 1/2" is a conduit punch you say? Would this work for punching a hole for element?

I'd take the 13/16 also!

I'll pm you in a bit

Back