Need help picking new regulators...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lombard

Reaction score
So after rebuilding my micromatic premium regulators (4 of them) twice and still suffering a measurable (but non-locatable)leak , I think it's time to throw in the towel.

So my configuration is 4 primary regulators linked together via the high pressure ports. After a couple of years of solid service inside the keezer, I decided to relocate them outside. Figured the environment would be a little more benign for them. Did a little reconfiguring (previously used the Micromatic Add On regulators). During the reconfiguration, the unions on the left side high pressure ports on a couple of the regulator bodies were damaged. I couldn't get replacements from Micromatic for some reason. I ended up buying some straight tubing with the correct threads to join the regulators together.

New system worked fine so I pushed on for a few more years. Eventually I noticed I was losing significant amounts of gas. After a bunch of hunting, I eventually gave up and dunked the entire bank of regs in a tub of water. Noticed some small bubbles forming around the vent hole at the base of the pressure adjustment screw. Replaced all my pressure gauges and bought rebuild kits for the regs. Reassembled everything, but the leak was still there. So I disassembled everything again. Couldn't find a problem, and I sent them out to be professionally rebuilt. They claimed it wouldn't be cost effective for them to do the rebuild, so I just reassembled everything and tried again.

Anyway, there's still a leak. Time for a new bank of regulators. Have a kind of bad taste in my mouth for Micromatic now. Looking for other recommendations.

Back