IPA yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toadyus

Reaction score
Doing an IPA, wondering what wyeasts people like to use. Heard some use 1056 and some use 1028. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Glibbidy said:
I like the 1056 myself. makes for a nice clean beer.

Same here. When it comes to IPAs, I want the hops to shine and be balanced by the malt. Neutral is the best IMO...

ugh...and I just did a Pale ale with 1056 and threw out the trub thinking you couldn't re-use the yeast......now just reading about yeast cakes..

toadyus said:
ugh...and I just did a Pale ale with 1056 and threw out the trub thinking you couldn't re-use the yeast......now just reading about yeast cakes..

Check out the how to clean and store yeast also.

Anyone use 1272 yeast for their American IPAs?

I'm doing one right now using White Labs 051 (the equivalent) one commenter on the white labs board says it doesn't attenuate well enough, but I'm not one to let a random internet stranger talk me out of something :p

I can let you know in a couple weeks how it goes.

Is there any place in canada where a guy can get WL's yeast over the net?

northern brewer ships to canadia.

Anyone use 1272 yeast for their American IPAs?

man, you read my mind! :mug: i love that yeast for american style pales and IPA's. it's a really nice yeast in hoppier beers. it doesn't attenuate as well as 1056 or s-05, but if you mash a bit low to compensate, i've experienced very well attenuated beers using 1272. it's totally my go to for american style beers.

Back