Can any one shed some light on this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fast636

Reaction score
Alright my cousin gave me a couple of his berry pale ales, think he said he had frozen berries and added to secondary but the beer pours like syrup and is sorta tart/sour in a sence but think that's from the berry addition. And the carb is like a lava lamp here is a vid of the pour and carb

It's actually tasty it's odd with the thickness but once you get use to it it's good and tart

Maybe from pectin? You can get pectinase at your LHBS that is specifically designed to prevent it. It really looks to me like what would happen if you threw deliberately tried to thicken the beer.

Edit...just watched that video from the post above. Looks very much like that.

Yea so guessing that beer is sick, should I pull the beer out of the fridge and see if it will fix it self or just keep it in the fridge and let it sit for a long time and see what happens wish I would of posted this the first bottle I opened so I would still have 6 in the fridge

Latest posts

Back