looking for a creative solution...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_rogers

Reaction score
So i'm going to be upgrading my EBIAB rig soon and I was wondering if anyone wanted to take a crack at this problem i've got.

So i've got the 11 gallon Bayou kettle and I want to set it up with a recirculating sparge setup. I figured i would run silicon tubing from my us solar pump up to a new bulkhead i'll install in the lid and put some sort of spray mechanism on the inside.

Now this is where i need some creativity... what if I also want to use that same lid port for whirlpooling? would that be possible?

If you want to draw a small sketch or if you've seen someone else do something like this already that would be awesome!:mug:

Put a male disconnect on the inside so you can hook your sparge device with a female connect and remove and then put a whirlpool arm that also has a female connector

I was thinking about that solution. I just thought there may be a less expensive option...

I was thinking about that solution. I just thought there may be a less expensive option...

Unsure how this would work on the lid, but certainly fits the cheap mindset.

recric mode
smugshot_8631282-XL.jpg

whirlpool mode
smugshot_1760325-XL.jpg

I like it! Maybe I could figure out a way to do the recirc with a short length of silicon and a T fitting. Then remove that and just have whirlpool arm.

I'm almost thinking I should get rid of my lobster basket and do standard side ports.

Just add a 90 inside the lid and aim the arm where you want it and use tubing when you want to recirc.

Here's my BK
smugshot_9143588-XL.jpg

Back