Beginner brewers first AG... What to make?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDeepDarkDerp

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

So I have finaly got myself all the basics to do my first 5Gal AG brew this weekend and I am very excited! But I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me put together a non SMaSH brew (already have about 3 SMaSHs I want to make) with the ingedients I have gathered up. I'd like to try and make somthing involving home made crystal malts. I'm trying to start up a brew club in my remote area and I really want to get involved in all the techniques that an AG brewer would need to know. There aren't any brewers around me that do AG so I wanted to see if any of you expirienced brewers could lend a novice like me a hand in making my first complex'ish brew based on your presonal experiences with the ingredients I have gathered.

So far I have:

Grain -55lbs of Canadian 2 row and UK Pale ale Malt
Hops - 8oz of Chinook, Pacific Gem, Galaxy, Amarillo and Willamette
Yeast - Nottigham

Thanks in advance!

Hey boss! Congrats on the AG plunge! Sounds like you got the ingredients there for a huge batch of pale ale or approx 5 small batches. What size batches are you set up for? The ingredients you have on hand would lend toward a pale ale type beer in my opinion. Try looking through the american or english pale ale recipes on here and see if anything rings your bell. Once you select a recipe, ask the originator specific questions you might have about how they came up with thee recipe or what specific questions about how they brewed it. They have always helped me no problem.

If you have any questions about the AG process or how to use the equipment you have, please ask! We're all here to help!

Taco

Latest posts

Back