keezer build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghynes440

Reaction score
Hey guys so I just finished my Kenmoore 13 cuft, just thought I'd show what I all did.

I added 2 computer fans and just screwed them through the plastic.

here's a closer look

I ran the wires from the fan through the back at the factory rubber grommet.

I cut a notch out in order for the fan wires to fit.

painted black with rustoleum appliance epoxy, sanded down freezer with 220 grit to let the paint stick.

I built the collar, inner part is 2x6 pine, outer part is 1x8 oak I did mitre cuts on the 1x8. attached them with 12 brass screws.

drilled holes for the shanks, the keg I believe can take at least 6 on the floor and 2 or 3 on the hump. I only drilled 4 holes right now but will do more later.

applied 2 coats of stain to the collar.

collar installed on the keezer, I put foam on the bottom of the collar to help seal it better. I will install insulator inside the keezer later on. Applied silicone around the crack where the 2 pieces of wood meet.

installed 4 way manifold, made co2 lines and beer lines.

here is the finished product. I'm very happy with the way it turned out

I just purchased stout faucet and setup so I will post pictures once that is done.
the holes I'm not using right now I just put 7/8 silver cap plugs on it.

that looks great. i'm planning on building one in the near future so i may borrow some ideas

Nice job. Make sure you run 10 foot liquid lines right off the bat and save yourself the headaches of a poor pour....

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Nice job. Make sure you run 10 foot liquid lines right off the bat and save yourself the headaches of a poor pour....

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

that's the second time i've seen this. Why 10'? i got 5 or maybe 6 in my kegerator now and they pour great. What's different in a keezer?

I have about 6 and a half foot lines and my pours are fine, no excessive foam at all.

Back