Part needed for DIY Hand Pump Line Cleaner that attaches to SANKEY coupler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boulderunner

Reaction score
I've searched this forum high and low for a way to build a hand pump line cleaner that will attach to a sankey coupler. I've read through this entire thread https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/diy-beer-line-cleaner-226497/. This seems perfectly doable but there is one part that I cannot seem to find. Its the part that attaches to the coupler. It would basically be a valve from a sankey keg that I could attach to a coupler on one side and an adapter on the other (to get it to attach to the flowmaster.) Any ideas on A) what this part would be called and B) how to find it?

What you want is something like this that a D-type Sanke coupler can latch on to, thus providing an MFT port you can thread onto a mating connector. Perhaps contacting the manufacturer to see who imports the part might lead to a retailer...

Cheers!

[edit] A bit further down the "cleaning adapter for Sankey keg coupler" search results led me to a Krome catalog with that exact adapter in it. So it should be available from someone who sells out of the Krome catalog (Morebeer, maybe?)

^ That's a garden hose thread (7/8"x14) adapter to clear out the line starting at the swivel coupler...

Cheers!

[edit] well, it was, until the link magically changed ;)

Thanks everyone for the help. I found the krome catalog at kromedispense.com. Then I googled some more popular part names from their catalog with the part number. That lead me to homebrewing.org. They are selling the part listed on alibaba for $14.99, as opposed to $42 on micromatic. Thanks a bunch for your help everyone.

Back