Keezer Foaming?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justin464

Reaction score
I have finally done it, built my keezer. Modeled it after several different threads on here. Everything is great and working properly. It is a keezer with two taps in the tower. I have the tower being cooled with a 80mm fan blowing air to an insulated apparatus within the tower. The issue lies in that the left tap is constantly foaming. The right tap is working fine with just a little foam on the first pour. The left will foam almost a full glass every pour, regardless of how many are poured.

I am thinking that maybe it is overcarbed? I have the PSI set to 10 and attempted to turn it down but it won't. I can turn that regulator all the way down and it remains at 10.

I assume it is not from the beer lines getting warm because it is not just the first few, its every time. The right tap is also working flawlessly. I am adding a link of the kegerator kit and a pic of the keezer itself. Any help is greatly appreciated.

P.S. I just finished and this is the first kegs ran through, they are about half empty.

http://www.kegco.com/kegerator_conversion_kits/door_mount/2SCK-5T.html

IMG_0139.jpg

Could be a lot of things, here are a few. Over carbed keg, 5 feet of beer lines is not enough, not enough cooling.

A few pics of this cooling apparatus in the coffin and interior to rule out some things. It may be a combo of issues.

I do have a couple of new spiral epoxy mixing stix that I can send you for the cost of shipping if its the line length... see thread "cure for your short hose troubles"

Have you tried swapping things over? I'd start by swapping the keg connections to see if the foaming follows the beer or stays with the tap. If it stays with the tap, I'd then swap the taps over to make sure it's not an issue there. Depending on what you find, you've then narrowed the problem to either the keg/beer, the line, or the tap.

I'm not familiar with bleeding a keg so I haven't. How would I go about doing it?

Have you tried swapping things over? I'd start by swapping the keg connections to see if the foaming follows the beer or stays with the tap. If it stays with the tap, I'd then swap the taps over to make sure it's not an issue there. Depending on what you find, you've then narrowed the problem to either the keg/beer, the line, or the tap.

I will try that tomorrow. Thanks for the advice!

Could be a lot of things, here are a few. Over carbed keg, 5 feet of beer lines is not enough, not enough cooling.

A few pics of this cooling apparatus in the coffin and interior to rule out some things. It may be a combo of issues.

I do have a couple of new spiral epoxy mixing stix that I can send you for the cost of shipping if its the line length... see thread "cure for your short hose troubles"

It seems like it would be over carbed keg. The trouble is I don't know how to "decarb?" the keg. I will try to get a few pics of the cooling box asap.

Back