Keg Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just kegged my first batch...have it hooked up to co2 at 8psi with my beer line connected and nothing is coming out! Any ideas?!

No kink in line? What type of connector? Try disconnecting and reconnecting. Do you see beer in line? Did you hear c02 fill tank?

Steps to make sure you did indeed keg beer:

1. Make sure the post fittings( the flanged plastic things at the end of the co2 and liquid lines) are in their complete locked positions. remove them and put them back on. do the locking widgets click into place?
2. make sure your keg is not leaking horribly: spray a starsan or dish soap solution around any openings and watch for bubbles
3. turn psi up temporarily: higher psi can push out junk in your dip tube.
4. check to see if the keg is pressurized - pull the pressure valve - do you hear an angry hiss? if yes then it is pressurized.
5. try a different set of liquid/gas fittings.
6. take off the liquid disconnect: carefully and away from any area you like the smell of, depress the small circle of metal in the middle of the liquid out post. if you get beer on you then you need to check your liquid disconnect, tap, or line.

Snagg30341 said:
No kink in line? What type of connector? Try disconnecting and reconnecting. Do you see beer in line? Did you hear c02 fill tank?

I hear CO2 fill the tank, no beer in line...brand new lines brand new korny keg with ball locks

Question. Just got two old corny kegs and am cleaning them with PBw. Can i run it through a line to another keg to without hurting the picnic line. Is PBw safe for lines and connectors. I only have the little 1/2 cup kit version of PBw and it doesn't specify.

Disconnect liquid out and put it back on to ensure its on correct. Probably not seated fully

Snagg30341 said:
Disconnect liquid out and put it back on to ensure its on correct. Probably not seated fully

I have done that and still no go...does the post come off for cleaning maybe?

The post comes off completely for cleaning.

Sure you got it all the way down? That's weird.

image-1981229411.jpg

If seated all the way must be clogged somewhere I would guess. No beer in line so must be ball lock liquid or post or dip tube.

Try hooking the gas line with the gas ball lock connection to the kegs liquid out connection. Make sure that you can push gas into the keg that way down the dip tube. If you can do that you'll know that the liquid out connection on the keg itself is at least clear. Then you'll know that it's probably the ball lock fitting.
You can also check the ball lock fitting itself, I once got one brand new that hadn't been drilled out completely where the tubing fastens to the connection. Perhaps yours isn't drilled out at all
Good luck, keep us up to date

What is the temp of the beer? The beer will not dispense if it is frozen.

Not sure exactly what went wrong but got it working!

Thanks for all your help/support!

Cheers! :mug:
Matt

Latest posts

Back