Hey Y'all from Ale-abama!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAHammer

Lovin' the beach...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
New brewer here - started brewing in February after a couple of years of thinking about it. I really love beer and come to find out, I REALLY love home brewed beer.
Finally convinced to start this hobby when I found out it was illegal here! Always thought bootlegging had a thrill to it.
Anyway, that may end this year as our legislature is voting on it (once again) tomorrow. All Alabamians - CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVE!!!
Getting ready for my 4th batch - 1st keg of Belgian Ale (kit) almost empty, 2nd keg of Steam beer to be sampled this week and APA (with help from LHBS) in the fermenter.
Thanks to all of you on this forum that care enough about this hobby to help us ignorant noobs become brewers. Looking forward to sharing with y'all.

Glad to hear you made the jump. Hopefully Alabama catches up with the rest of the country soon. It's a fantastic hobby which for the most part encourages the responsible enjoyment of beer. I'll actually be down near you working in Gulf Shores through the fall, unfortunately I'm leaving all my brewing equipment behind but I think its for the better. I'm not familiar with the water down there and I wouldnt feel comfortable driving through the state with 500 dollars of equipment that could be confiscated

Welcome. I'm a native Mobilian too, grew up on Bay Front Road off Dauphin Island Parkway. Currently living in Tennessee, but I've lived all over over the past 10 years. It will be nice when its legal for me to bring some brews with me when we visit. I have been brewing for about a year, and just joined HBT a few weeks ago.

Welcome. I'm a native Mobilian too, grew up on Bay Front Road off Dauphin Island Parkway. Currently living in Tennessee, but I've lived all over over the past 10 years. It will be nice when its legal for me to bring some brews with me when we visit. I have been brewing for about a year, and just joined HBT a few weeks ago.

But isn't the brewing that is illegal... they said nothing about bringing homebrew in from other states! (probably covered off in some other legislation about transporting alcohol in/out of Alabama) :D
that said the day before it is passed into law you all should go brew on the state line :D

Back