kegcowboy plate Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malador

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the keg cowboy 60 plate chiller? It has almost no information on their website.

http://www.kegcowboy.com/beer-brewing-equipment/60-plate-wort-chiller.html

I would like to know:

The dimensions.
If it is it safe to run hot wort and water through both sides.
If all four connections male NPT

I emailed them, but I'm not sure how long it will take them to get back to me. I'd like to order a chiller this weekend.

Is it ok to use both sides of the dudadiesel for hot wort/water?

Yes - and the same thing is undoubtedly true about the unit that kegcowboy is selling. The interior is a stack of stainless plates with no "hot side" or "cold side" - in that respect the two paths through the plate stack are essentially symmetrical. Whether one path is used for hot or cold is left to the application and the fittings therefor, and these things are used in all kinds of applications including some where both sides are hot.

btw, if you're going to be hooking up to hose bibs, you might be interested in a configuration that already has stainless steel male and female hose connections. It'll save you the extra cost for fittings - and I don't even know if stainless hose couplers are easily available...

Cheers!

Back