Ideas for basic beer recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joel050283

Reaction score
I just brewed my first two batches of beer from a liquid malt extract. A coopers blonde ale and coopers red ale. Both beers are decent but lack some flavour, and suggestions for what I can add to my next batch with liquid malt to make it taste a little better. Anything similar to a rickards red, or anything worth trying really.

Work with your local home brew shop (LHBS) and get some specialty grains to steep in you liquid malt extract (LME). Adding some munich malt, or crystal malt in a steeping bag will add some dimension to a straight extract beer. What you added will depend on the style of the base beer you make.

If it is hop flavor you are desiring, the sky's the limit. Change it up, some late hop addition, etc. Once again, it depends on the direction you want to take the beer.

Cheers

I have heard of people adding Pumpkin and cinnamon to ale mixes for October and mint for summer ales. does it really work ??

Did you only use LME? If so, I would add some speciality grain as well, something like Crystal Malt

Back