Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > My IPA Restarted

Old 08-10-2007, 03:39 PM   #1
levandr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default My IPA Restarted

I brewed an IPA about 9 days ago. I was going to transfer to the secondary on day 7 when I noticed that fermentation restarted. I am guessing that when the basement cooled a bit, the yeast woke up and finished their job.

So, since ferementation restarted, how long can I leave the brew on the turb? As of last night, bubbling stopped...again. I know that leaving the brew on the turb for 2+ weeks isn't good but since ferementation restarted, does this time also restart? Or, screw it and move it to the secondary now?

Old 08-10-2007, 03:43 PM   #2
bradsul
Flyfisherman/brewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

You can leave the beer on the primary yeast cake for up to a month without significant worry. If the beer isn't ready, I wouldn't rush it. The best thing to do is take a hydrometer reading and then another in 2 days. If the reading is the same then it's done fermenting, which means it's probably just off-gassing CO2.

Projects: Sylvania Kegerator Conversion, Tower Cooling, Grain Milling Station