Can u belive that packer game??????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SS_Brewing_Co

Reaction score
That was the worst call(s) I have ever seen In any football game in my life. It's almost as if they are doing it on purpose just to get the refs back.

How many times did they call the wrong player number during a penalty? Really. How many obvious calls did they overlook? I lost count of all the bad calls. And I will say those bad calls were night and day stuff. Give me a break!

That win has to have an asterisk in the books, I think. Kinda makes it not fun to even watch the game when it's that bad.

Keep in mind that several calls against the Seahawks allowed GB to score as well. It was just as poorly an officiated game as you can ever see. But they were bad both ways from start to finish. You know now you are seeing just how good the regular refs are. I'm kinda tired of uber rich guys fighting over money they basically need don't need, give the refs the retirement they want and so you make a billion instead of a billion one million.... Maybe it's just the times we are living in...

Screenshot2012-09-24at102644PM.png

The commissioner of the Lingerie Football League admitted last night after the game that a couple ref crews they fired for incompetence on the field are now officiating for the NFL this season.

lulz

Last nights game was the breaking point for me. I called the cable company and cancelled the NFL and RED this morning. If we all tune out they might stop being so greedy. Who would have thought that we would miss the real zebras? Lets hope they can solve the contract issues before they kill the season. They certainly killed my buzz last night.

Last nights game was the breaking point for me. I called the cable company and cancelled the NFL and RED this morning. If we all tune out they might stop being so greedy. Who would have thought that we would miss the real zebras? Lets hope they can solve the contract issues before they kill the season. They certainly killed my buzz last night.

Seriously? You cancelled your NFL and RED because of a bad call?

wow...

IXVolt said:
Seriously? You cancelled your NFL and RED because of a bad call?

wow...

I think for him its not just one bad call but all of the bad calls that have been happening. This season is a joke. I know several people that are losing interest this season.

Yeah I got to the point last night where this dawned on me - if poor officiating makes the game a mockery, and the winner a crapshoot, why watch?

After watching the PI call keep a Packer drive alive, I took my dog for a walk. Couldn't stand the calls as the game had no flow. As I walked my dog, I could hear screaming and shouting at the TV inside the houses in the neighborhood. Lots of fbombs dropped. Made it back home to actually catch the last play. Fitting ending to a crap game madeso by the officiating crew.

But you know it's not their fault, it's the NFL owners taking a hard stand against labor. The strike is over a 3 million pension contribution for the refs. The owners have locked them out and taken a hard line... all while earning roughly 10 Billion in revenues for last season... Is it just me or is anybody else tired of the big guy screwing the little guy anymore? It just seems the NFL is just a reflection of our current society right now. Just amazes me how this goes on. And no I'm not all that liberal, I'm just tired of the trend going on...

Eh. They made deals with the players so they can't screw them. Have to go screw someone else. Refs are only getting paid about $300,000 a season. Hopefully they put enough away to keep from starving during the lock out.

"Refs are only getting paid about $300,000 a season. Hopefully they put enough away to keep from starving during the lock out."

And you're seeing that it is a very tough job, requiring split second judgement under incredible pressure. But I guess it's OK to back the guys in the luxury box who basically use these teams for tax write offs. I guess everybody has their own sides to support.

Back