What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just racked my pale ale into a secondary last night. The grain bill is based off the R2H56. The hops are what I had on hand: Liberty (bittering) mosaic and sterling. It was in primary for about 45 days. I decided to throw in some dregs from Love child No.4

It had a sort of dank earthy smell to it.

Drinking now: Kama Citra Session IPA
Just bottled: Surly Furious
In secondary: Jamil's Evil Twin
In Primary: Dawson's Multigrain Red

5 gallons of Amarillo IPA:rockin:

IMG_3700.jpg

Still has my London Pale ale after 7 days... Tomorrow will see my Irish Red ale in my carboy.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

#1 Paulaner clone with free rise temperature twist, for banana/temp research.
#2 American early and late hopped "ale", with german hops in the middle on s05
#3 Something, Pale/Pils/wheat grist with English bittering, american in the middle and saaz late on 17C WLP300.

5-6 days into fermentation, and #2 is so far the winner.

A belgian pale ale made with marris otter, east kent golding and saaz to finish. Temperature is a bit high for the yeast strain but its bubbling away nicely... ^_^

A spelt saison with 3724. It's around 1.020 after 3 days so hopefully it'll be done within a week. I pitched at 20c, then 24 hrs later cranked the heat up to 30c.

Less time to brew lately so I did a sort of double brew day.
I brewed up 5.5 gallons of bock with a decoction mash and some extra kettle caramelization. i took 3.5 gallons of the bock, fermented it with wyeast 2308. the other two gallons i mixed with 7 pounds honey and 3 gallons water to make a braggot using s-05. so i ended up with 9 gallons of joy out of one brew day.

hopefully i'll be sipping my bock when fall starts to cool down and my braggot over the winter.

#1 - 9 gallons or so of Chocolate Covered Beavr Nutz in secondary fermenters bulk aging on Cocoa, peanut butter, nibs, and vanilla beans. bottling this in October.
#2 - 11 gallons or so of a Stone RuinTen clone dry hopping in secondary fermenters. Should be able to bottle this beer this weekend!
#3 - 9 gallons or so of an American Stout fermenting in a primary fermenter
:D

A winter spice ale made with black treacle, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and cardamom. I'm a bit early, but figure by the time its aged in bottles for a few months it should be really good for when the weather starts to chill!

An Irish red in my carboy, but my bucket is now empty and clean after bottling my English pale ale! Woop woop!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Orchard Breezin Acai Raspberry Rapture wine kit. It used to be called Acai Raspberry Cabernet Sauvigon but the entire Orchard Breezin line has been renamed to exclude the varietal grape name. Not sure why.

I made the kit up with an extra 3 lbs of sugar to push the OG up to 1.078. The finished product should be somewhere around 10% ABV.

An Imperial Stout that should be ready around Christmas, and the 2nd part of the partigyle brew, a Belgian stout, thats ready when its ready.

Munich Helles. What an ordeal! Did a double batch...extraction was better then anticipated, boil off was higher then anticipated, ended up 10 pts high on OG and had to dilute it back to acceptable for style OG!

But plenty of great healthy yeast, pure O2. 48F pitch, and she's happy now.

Just a kit brew for the moment, and a cider at that

Raspberry and lime cider for the wife, having a little party for our new born at the end of August.
Shall have an AG IPA and a bitter ready for it too:ban:

Back