Corny Keg adapters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howlinowl

Reaction score
My True Kegerator has hoses that screw onto sankey couplers. I had bought some parts to build hoses so I could remove the factory hoses and screw on some to use my cornys.... but then I thought that I could just leave the factory hoses there, unscrew the couplers and screw on some "adapters" to change the ends to fit the cornies. Below is a pic:

adapters.jpg

Think they'll fly???

Allan

that should work, but it just seems like you went the hard way to do it.

gnef said:
that should work, but it just seems like you went the hard way to do it.

Not sure if I follow.. it would have been just as hard to build complete new hoses as to build these. Also, now I just have to swap the couplers for these when I need to hook up a corny, and swap these for the couplers to go back. Hmmmm...thought it'd be easier to do that than to swap out complete hoses.

Allan

What most people do is put quick disconnects into the lines, then you only have to buy extra couplers. Not all that different from what you did, just a little easier to operate.

howlinowl said:
Not sure if I follow.. it would have been just as hard to build complete new hoses as to build these. Also, now I just have to swap the couplers for these when I need to hook up a corny, and swap these for the couplers to go back. Hmmmm...thought it'd be easier to do that than to swap out complete hoses.

Allan

Looks good and it will work. The only drawback that I see is that it is just another part to clean when overhauling a keggerator.

well, i don't know how much you paid to do that setup, but i think it would've been cheaper to do what i have in mind.

so instead of replacing all the tubing, just cut off the barbed coupler, and attach a barbed swivel flare female fitting, like this: http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_40_271_129_371&products_id=1272

which would attach to soda keg disconnects that have an MFL fitting rather than barbed (which I much prefer).

if you ever want to use commercial kegs in your kegerator, you only need to change the tap coupler fittings to these: http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_40_282_562_450&products_id=10049

this option may or may not be cheaper than your current setup (it's a bit late anyway though), but the main reason why i like it, is because there are fewer parts and connections to go wrong, and it is easier to clean and sanitize. that's just me though, and i know there are many ways to accomplish one goal. i hope your system works well for you.

That would work, but I actually had the parts for this already. The soda disconnects were from an old kegerator I had built. I scrapped it when I got the True keggerator I have now. I work for a commercial A/C and refrigeration company. We do occasional soda system and beer system installs. A tech we used to have didn't want to do them anymore and gave me a whole load of parts, faucets, ect. that he had collected through the years. So, I didn't pay anything to build these. I did it this way, cause if I ever decide to sell the True unit, I can put the couplers on the original hoses and it wouldn't look like a hack job.

Allan

That would work, but I actually had the parts for this already. The soda disconnects were from an old kegerator I had built. I scrapped it when I got the True keggerator I have now. I work for a commercial A/C and refrigeration company. We do occasional soda system and beer system installs. A tech we used to have didn't want to do them anymore and gave me a whole load of parts, faucets, ect. that he had collected through the years. So, I didn't pay anything to build these. I did it this way, cause if I ever decide to sell the True unit, I can put the couplers on the original hoses and it wouldn't look like a hack job.

Allan

Back