Worst Beer - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Worst Beer

Old 04-21-2012, 02:54 AM   #21
smh
Recipes 

Nov 2010
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

I just bought this Spruce Beer from Garrison Brewing in Halifax. What awful crap. I'm all for resurrecting lost techniques but this stuff was, I expect, what poison tastes like. I poured it out after one sip; no resurrecting this swill.

Also Soporo is trashy junk....

Red stripe (Ugh) is better than either of these...

Old 04-23-2012, 01:03 AM   #22
noble13
Recipes 

Jan 2009
Eagle, WI

Worst I recall is Old Style Genuine Draft. I had it in the snack tent after running a race. It was probably donated by a retailer because it didn't sell and they couldn't get rid of it any other way. There was a good reason why it didn't sell. And that was before I knew what good beer was.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:28 PM   #23
cb76
Recipes 

Jan 2012
jonesborough, tn

The absolute worst beer that I have ever drank was this crap called "Weideman". The stuff smelled so bad I would have quit drinking beer rather than drink that stuff.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:20 AM   #24
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Someplace, Nebraska
Liked 76 Times on 66 Posts

First off let me clarify that anyone posting Miller High Life here as their serious "worst" beer is signing up for a brand new, non refundable, non returnable ass whooping from Chriso's Whoopin's Inc. You will not speak ill of The Champagne.

Now on to real "worst" beers.

Beer 30 Light. Someone already posted this. I have to second it.

I bought a 30 of Beer 30 Light in Madison, WI. I paid $9 for it. I was up there for a week's vacation. I brought 26 of those horrific cans of hydrogen-peroxide-tasting water home with me. And proceeded to give them, still full, all away to a friend 6 months later.

But more importantly... MINHAS LIGHT.

It's the only beer that has ever - EVER - made me miss drinking Beer 30 Light. Minhas isn't even worth describing, it just tastes like rancid ass, nothing else.

Honorable mention: Bud Light Lime.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not just hating on fizzy lime - case in point, I will drink the crap outta Miller Chill all day long, it's actually delicious, especially when you're on a boat - but BLL is the polar opposite. The lime flavoring tastes like infection, the bud light tastes worse than usual, the carbonation isn't quite right, and it gives me the worst gut-rot I've ever had.

I would speculate about BL Lime-o-rita but I just can't be bothered to care any more. I'm done buying Anheuser flagship-line products. I am tired of falling for each gimmick they release. These days, I only want real, good craft beer, homebrew, or drinking-class American lager e.g. PBR, MHL, Grain Belt, etc. and not much in between there.

Anything with the label Shock Top can you know what on my you know who's.

Chriso || BJCP Certified || SMaSH Brewers, Unite! || Nebraska Brewers! || Lincoln Lagers Brew Club
"You have just experienced the paradigm shift that is....all grain brewing." - BierMuncher

Old 04-24-2012, 03:08 AM   #25
Fritobandito
Recipes 

Jun 2010
Michigan
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Split a bud light chelada with a friend to see how terrible it was. We ended up seeing who could chug their can fastest. He almost threw up all over. It was savage.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:06 AM   #26
barneygumble
Recipes 

Apr 2012
Pittsfield, MA
Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriso View Post
First off let me clarify that anyone posting Miller High Life here as their serious "worst" beer is signing up for a brand new, non refundable, non returnable ass whooping from Chriso's Whoopin's Inc. You will not speak ill of The Champagne.

Now on to real "worst" beers.

Beer 30 Light. Someone already posted this. I have to second it.

I bought a 30 of Beer 30 Light in Madison, WI. I paid $9 for it. I was up there for a week's vacation. I brought 26 of those horrific cans of hydrogen-peroxide-tasting water home with me. And proceeded to give them, still full, all away to a friend 6 months later.

But more importantly... MINHAS LIGHT.

It's the only beer that has ever - EVER - made me miss drinking Beer 30 Light. Minhas isn't even worth describing, it just tastes like rancid ass, nothing else.

Honorable mention: Bud Light Lime.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not just hating on fizzy lime - case in point, I will drink the crap outta Miller Chill all day long, it's actually delicious, especially when you're on a boat - but BLL is the polar opposite. The lime flavoring tastes like infection, the bud light tastes worse than usual, the carbonation isn't quite right, and it gives me the worst gut-rot I've ever had.

I would speculate about BL Lime-o-rita but I just can't be bothered to care any more. I'm done buying Anheuser flagship-line products. I am tired of falling for each gimmick they release. These days, I only want real, good craft beer, homebrew, or drinking-class American lager e.g. PBR, MHL, Grain Belt, etc. and not much in between there.

Anything with the label Shock Top can you know what on my you know who's.
Far from the worse I have ever had, but MHL does suck skunk balls. I can tell it does, cuz when I was drinking American style lagers, every time I got a sixer of it at least one was skunked. usually 3. Clear bottles, low cardboard carrier profile=skunked beer. Haven't touched one in almost 30 years.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:17 AM   #27
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Someplace, Nebraska
Liked 76 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneygumble View Post
Far from the worse I have ever had, but MHL does suck skunk balls. I can tell it does, cuz when I was drinking American style lagers, every time I got a sixer of it at least one was skunked. usually 3. Clear bottles, low cardboard carrier profile=skunked beer. Haven't touched one in almost 30 years.
Why on earth would you drink it from bottle? 16oz cans are the only way to roll. I thought everyone knew that.

Chriso || BJCP Certified || SMaSH Brewers, Unite! || Nebraska Brewers! || Lincoln Lagers Brew Club
"You have just experienced the paradigm shift that is....all grain brewing." - BierMuncher

Old 04-25-2012, 12:33 AM   #28
hillybilly
Recipes 

Mar 2012
Tallahassee, Florida
Liked 33 Times on 25 Posts

When I was much poorer there was a store in NY that sold beer in a white can and all it said on the can was beer. It was $ 0.99 a six pack and if I remember right kind of had a half boiled ass rubbed with drit and oil taste how the hell we drank 4 cases is beyond me.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:41 AM   #29
brockettbrews
Recipes 

Mar 2012
Charlotte, Nc
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The worst i ever drank was old german, but there is a new beer called high gravity. they both are bad!!!

Old 04-29-2012, 01:49 AM   #30
eljefe

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Pittsburgh
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockettbrews View Post
there was a beer called old german i could get $10 a case, but if you took back your bottles i think it was like $8
I had a friend whose mom threw a xmas party for him during our freshman year at college. We were underage so she did not want to serve alcohol so she mixed Old German with lemonade. It tasted like crap but it was alcoholic so we all drank it. Last time I had one and no desire to relive that ever again.
Secondary 2:
Keg 1: Northern Brew #1
Keg 2: 11.11.11
Next Up: Bourbonator