Brewblox with BrewPi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabbitHole

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I really am kinda baffled at the lack of Brewblox users here.... I started out on CBPI3 right when it first got introduced.... used it for about 4 years then made the switch to brewpi. It seemed like a lot of money at first but serious $150 us was nothing considering all the other junk I didn't have to buy to make cbpi work on a real system. The integrations they have created at Brewblox is insane. sure they are probably missing a little with the automation side... but that's because they don't realease anything unless its almost guranteed not mohave any bugs in it. id love to see more posts here about the stuff. but I get their support is sooooooo damn good and they do everything on their on community page or the discord server. but if we started showcasing some of our awesome setups here maybe....

I’ve been using it pretty much since they released it. Used the old BrewPi software before that for about a year. I control heating and cooling on 2 conicals and cooling on a Spike flex I just bought as a brite/lagering tank. For the most part I really like it.

I’ve considered converting my hot side control over to it but don’t like the amount of setup that would be required per batch to use profiles vs just using an EZ Boil.

I had never read/heard about Elco's latest venture in controllers, but 60 seconds on the Brewblox web page immediately informed my opinion on why it hasn't made much of a splash here: the hardware looks beautiful and functional and flexible. But it has to be a pricey solution given what most folks actually need, which has been addressed for cheap money for years now. I think my BrewPi Bluetooth "minion" controllers cost me around $25 a copy all up using cheap UNO clones, and I have four of them in service. Using an ESPxxxx instead would be even cheaper...

Cheers!

I had never read/heard about Elco's latest venture in controllers, but 60 seconds on the Brewblox web page immediately informed my opinion on why it hasn't made much of a splash here: the hardware looks beautiful and functional and flexible. But it has to be a pricey solution given what most folks actually need, which has been addressed for cheap money for years now. I think my BrewPi Bluetooth "minion" controllers cost me around $25 a copy all up using cheap UNO clones, and I have four of them in service. Using an ESPxxxx instead would be even cheaper...

Cheers!
Considering what people are spending on their breweries today. 150 buck for a practically all inclusive hardware is the cheapest part of my brewery besides hoses!!!!

I’ve been using it pretty much since they released it. Used the old BrewPi software before that for about a year. I control heating and cooling on 2 conicals and cooling on a Spike flex I just bought as a brite/lagering tank. For the most part I really like it.

I’ve considered converting my hot side control over to it but don’t like the amount of setup that would be required per batch to use profiles vs just using an EZ Boil.
That’s funny I’m the opposite. I use it on my hot side now. But I did because I have two elements I use at the same time and I needed the balanced load. It switches between the elements rapidly never using more then 30amp draw and never fires the two at the same time. Giving priority to which ever needs it. Also the 24v pwm pump is amazing as I have pre known speeds worked into all my step and never have to mess with valves for flow.

Cold side is coming soon. Waiting for my radiant heating valves manifold to glycol chill 4 fermenters like a commercial system.

Back