Miller Lite and Orange Juice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

509inc

Reaction score
So I'm at the bar and the bar tender pours a Miller Lite off the tap then tops it off with orange juice. I asked what did you just make. He said its our version of Blue Moon and its a big seller. I had no idea people were doing this.

I didn't try one but I probably should have. Now that I think about it I should have asked if they were selling it as Blue Moon or if the customer knew it was a mixed drink.

Has anyone heard of this? And what other beer mixes am I missing out on? Besides the Bud Lite and Clamato of course.

IMO, just IMO...

Don't put something in something. If the first something (Miller) does not taste good, adding to it doesn't make it taste better. I can't to the "beer suicide": My kids love Coke and Dr. Pepper, but I cannot do that.

I can drink BMC from time to time, but ruining perfectly good OJ just ain't right! :)

it's more of a shot than a beer...in the way an irish car bomb is a shot...like half a beer with a shot of amaretto and a splash of oj.

it tastes like an orange creamsicle...seriously.

I was majorly doubtful before I tried one. I can see why all the hipsters congregate there though...easy to get drunk on em.

dude...havent you had a lunchbox? Isnt it an OKC staple? Coors Light, Orange Juice and Amaretto. Edna's, son.

Nope Tony I have not had a lunchbox. I have heard of a lunchbox and Edna's, but didn't know what it was. Plus I stick to the southside. Anything north of I-40 is rarely visited by me.

A buddy of mine calls that "a poor man's Blue Moon." Ive only had it at a neighborhood sports bar after spending 3+ hours watching a game and drinking BMC. Under those circumstances, it's not bad.

Every single one of those made me feel nauseous just reading it.

I was going to say I don't know why people are so against Beer cocktails, but after reading that list, I know why.

I guess a shandy/radler is the only beer cocktail I like. I've tried Corona and Grenadine before, which wasn't terrible, not good by any stretch of the imagination though. Perhaps a nice Kolsch with some grenadine would be a better mix..... now really want to try that!

The University of Wisconsin Union used to have this stuff called BB Lemon, which was this alcoholic but syrupy-sweet lemon stuff that you'd mix with BMC for a pretty good shandy-like drink. sometimes I wish I could still find that stuff.

Latest posts

Back