Syracuse, NY area - Group Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I went to beers of the world and ended up with a nice bottle washer and.got myself a nice corona high hopped mill. Holds like 4lbs grain, gonna modify it to run off my drill. Just need info on how to tune in the mill. Cidah when I come to pick up grain if I bring it up can we tune it in?

Attached is a pic of my AG HR3 Pale Ale. Just wanted to show its beauty.

ForumRunner_20110320_002456.jpg

Haha - been behind on this since I am doing some outdoor spring cleaning *shakes caked mud off fingers to type*

No problem on dialing int the crusher - it is easy. Go to tractor supply and grab a stainless steel 5/16'' hex bolt at 2''. That should take the punishment of a drill on your crusher.

And for the record, BC'ers are awesome. My broke ass just couldn't rationalize the cost (yet). If I could have the same for free I would go w the barley crusher, and tweak it.

The corona mills produce a great grind though. But is takes longer to get your grind in hand. (15 mins vs. 5 minutes on a double AB batch for example)

Just drinking some pale ale dry hopped with citra.... best part about yard work is the beer I get to drink while i do it!

Hey gents. I am tired of waiting :)

I bought the last 4 bags - bottom line is you can't beat this bottom line.

GROUP BUY 2 CLOSED

If you have interest if future buys let me know - PM me or post to this web site

We're moving back to the 'Cuse when I retire from the Navy in a year and a half. I'll be getting in on these group buys then!

I can't afford it either, but I can't afford a tractor and will owe my neighbor some favors if he lets me borrow his tractor this spring, and some other folks too. I can pay them in brew! ha

Plus it looks like this will be the last bulk order for quite some time. Strike while the iron is hot!

Will let you know when we get the final pricing in.

I received the invoice, but forgot to send my sheet into myself at work - so I will post up the pricing for everyone tonight.

1. Please send me your email address (PM - if you haven't sent it).

I will give you the email address of the buyer so you can pay him through paypal. It is crucial that you follow the payment instructions (click here)

Here is what everyone owes:

b.JPG

To pay, please follow these instructions carefully to avoid paypal fees.
• Click the "Send Money" tab at the top.
• Put in the buyer's email address (check your PM inbox to get that address - I will send it out as soon as we have reached 42 bags or an order is confirmed).
• Put in the amount to send.

Here's the important part...• Under the amount box, click the "Personal" tab.
• Select "Gift".
• If you are paying from an existing paypal balance, or from your bank account, no fees will be charged. BUT... Paypal charges transaction fees for anything that is paid for with a CREDIT CARD. If you are paying with a credit card, you will have the option of selecting who has to cough up the money for those fees. Do not push those fees onto the buyer. Suck those fees up yourself.
• In the area at the bottom where it allows you to type in the custom text for the email that buyer will receive, be sure to include your name, as it appears on the spreadsheet (your homebrewtalk user name), so that buyer can track who has paid and who hasn't.
• Then send the money and chill out.
When the buyer has all of the money, he'll place the order.

After that, cidahmastah takes over and handles out the delivery end of things, which will be at his home address unless otherwise noted (if you know a place of business that we could have the shipment delivered to that has a loading dock PM CidahMastah). CidahMastah will keep us all updated on when it is to arrive, when you should show up to get it, and all that jazz. You, as the buyer, are responsible for picking up your grain or for making arrangements for someone else to pick up and hold your grain for you.

FOR SPLIT SACKS: Work out the details with your partners. Bring something to put your share in, weigh it out on site, and take your portion. Or, one of you picks up the whole sack and deal with the splitting on your own time. Whatever. That's your decision to make with your splitting partners.

For reference: a 5 gallon bucket, depending on the type of grain, will just about hold half of a 55 lb sack.

Thanks!
---------------------------------------------------------------
ROUND 2 - OPENED! - 3/10/2011

A new order is building
New Order has opened up (ROUND 2). I will award people their place in the order by the time frame that they contacted me. If you contacted me last time and want to get in on an order you will be given preference. However, I will give everyone one week or so to respond and then I will open it up to everyone else. If we get to two pallets, we get a discount on shipping.

STATUS
42 bags down

CURRENT STATUS:

1. (completed) Collect 42 sacks of grain for an order​
2. (completed)Our request for quote (RFQ) has been sent out by the buyer​
2. (completed)We hear back from the buyer on actual cost ( (completed)I pass out the actual cost to everyone)[/COLOR]​
3. (completed)Everybody pays up (the order will NOT ship until everyone has paid via paypal)​
4. (completed)Once payed up (following the paypal instructions on page one of this thread) - the order will ship.​
5. (completed) CidahMastah will let everyone know when the shipment is to arrive (completed) and where it is shipping to (completed) , when to pick it up(completed) .​
6. (PENDING)We all slap high five and say job well done.​

sounds good. btw im bottling that AB today, i hate bottling is so much work compared to kegs. im even using bombers

Do you have teh blichmann bottle gun? I do - that thing is awesome. I just bottled 3 kegs of cider to clear out for 4 beers (AB, Obdsidian stout, torpedo, pale ale). Gonna bottle those this week too so I can get skeeter pee bottled too, and another cider back on tap.

CidahMastah
Billie $111.58
Clef051 $31.72
DannSchuler $109.71
Chrisp522 $87.08
FL Brewer $209.97
FarmerJoe $55.82
Bierhaus15 $29.29
kzhusker $107.00
jhenderson27 $159.55
rustbucket
stunsm
BrewsCambell $143.97

Bold Green = Paid

FYI - If we pay off tonight - there is a VERY good chance you would get the grain by this weekend.

Do you have teh blichmann bottle gun? I do - that thing is awesome. I just bottled 3 kegs of cider to clear out for 4 beers (AB, Obdsidian stout, torpedo, pale ale). Gonna bottle those this week too so I can get skeeter pee bottled too, and another cider back on tap.

I'd like to see that Blichmann gun if you have a few minutes when I pick up the grain. I've been using the Biermuncher filler and don't have a reason to stop, but I do love gadgets...

No problem - it is pretty fast. Well worth the coin IMO.

I was going to build the biermuncher filler but I chickened out and decided to go with the B-man. Well once I had approval from the wife, it was an easy call :)

Funny, I was going to buy the Blichmann gun until I realized I had all the parts (all 2 of em) for the biermuncher laying around!

No problem - it is pretty fast. Well worth the coin IMO.

I was going to build the biermuncher filler but I chickened out and decided to go with the B-man. Well once I had approval from the wife, it was an easy call :)

Chrisp522 $87.08
FarmerJoe $55.82
Billie
Clef051
DannSchuler
Bierhaus15
jhenderson27

CidahMastah
FL Brewer
kzhusker
rustbucket
stunsm
BrewsCambell

Bold Green = Paid

FYI - If we pay off tonight - there is a VERY good chance you would get the grain by this weekend.

There are definitely cheaper options, but this makes bottling a bit easier IMO
http://www.blichmannengineering.com/beergun/beergun.html

ok cool, cidah, my AB smells good didnt really taste it, and it has a strong sent of alcohol. oh no!... i did the calc, im at 8.8% it fermented past what i wanted by a good 6 pts. this is going to be a def. dont drive after drink-beer

Apparently because so many payments have been made as personal to him today I get charged a fee. I followed your directions to the t but I'm going to have to pay additional. I have a bank account, debit card and a credit card on there. O well this sucks but I want my grain. Let me know if anyone else is having the issue. I did personal and then gift. Either way if need be I'll suck it up to get the grain by this weekend.

I was able to just pay without incurring an additional fee. I sent it as a gift.

It wasnt too expensive was it?

Ok I just sent mine in I paid with my bank account. I used the paypal iPhone app I didn't see a spot to select gift.

Before I pay...on my android phone if I just pay the standard way like pay pal mobile says under services there is no fee charged. I haven't submitted the payment yet. I Want to know if that's right. If not I'll suck the fee up.

That might be the phone application issue. If you log onto a computer, choose to pay, choose personal and gift, it won't charge you. Are you seeing the screens like the instructions say?

Try going straight from the PC and not from a phone. I paid from a computer so I am not sure if the applications look different.

You have to pay in the way the instructions outline - if you don't, the buyer will get charged the fee - not cool because he is doing us all a favor.

Try without accessing paypal through a phone application.

Or try paying first thing tomorrow. Or tonight at 12:01am - ha

never had this issue before - since Dan paid after you I tend to think something is wrong with how you are doing it.

Started on pc. Tried to backdoor it with a phone application. Talked with Paypal support, they said it's because the system deems it unsafe?

CidahMastah said:
That might be the phone application issue. If you log onto a computer, choose to pay, choose personal and gift, it won't charge you. Are you seeing the screens like the instructions say?

Try going straight from the PC and not from a phone. I paid from a computer so I am not sure if the applications look different.

I already paid using it. The only options where selecting personal and then what account I wanted to pay with.

All taken care of. I ate the fee it was 10%. Paypal can be such a *****. O well I got it done so we can get the grain and I'm not the reason everyone else gets screwed.

I just payed, it could be something with how paypal and my bank work. Over and done with, it was only 10% more, well just shy. I'll take pity donations of C120....hahaha

i did the gift thing too last time and now, i was charged both times. this time it was only like 2 dollars, i just said whatever... it charges you if you use your debit/creditcard vs its free if you use your bank account direct draw.

The problem was it would only let me use my debit card would not allow me to use my bank card because it considered unsafe. Over and done with no big deal

Chrisp522 $87.08
FarmerJoe $55.82
Billie
Clef051
DannSchuler
Bierhaus15
jhenderson27

CidahMastah
FL Brewer
kzhusker
rustbucket
stunsm
BrewsCambell

Bold Green = Paid

There are definitely cheaper options, but this makes bottling a bit easier IMO
http://www.blichmannengineering.com/beergun/beergun.html

Paid up! Sorry for the hold up, I've been pretty much glued in my bed the past couple of days with a horrible cold, well I'm still in bed, just used my phone to send the payment and post this lol.

Back