Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Company Reviews > Kegconnection

Old 02-12-2011, 01:34 AM   #1
FrewBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Kegconnection

I recently placed my second order with kegconnection, and with it, they earned a customer for life!

My first order was rather uneventful - pretty simple, and nothing really out of the ordinary. I ordered a beer-gas tank and regulator. Everything came within a week (timely, since they're in TX; I'm in DE). It was packed well, and the prices were pretty cheap.

A week goes by and I realize, "shoot, I need a stout faucet". So I scramble to my go-to online HBS, where my (beautiful, amazing) wife agrees to buy it for me for Valentines day. I go to order it - SOLD OUT! WHAT?!?

In a panic, I say, hey, I had a good experience with KC, let's give it a whirl. I get there, and find that the stout taps, as well as the Perlicks I've been eying are $20 cheaper!

Rewind 1 week: Texas gets struck with extreme cold, and shuts down many businesses (frozen pipes FTL!). KC was one of those companies. This set them back a few days. They responded by a) being proactive and letting customers on HERE know that and b) putting an advisory on their site.

I saw both of these, and was expecting the delay. I'm ok with that, I wasn't in a big rush (and I'm still not). I placed the order for my stout and perlick faucets and went about my business, expecting to receive shipping details in about 5 days.

Day 5 comes, and I get a call from some random number in Texas. It's Todd (the owner) from KC. Turns out that my stout faucet's out of stock. And the reason - the manufacturers (2 of them) are both out of stock. .

When I got the call, I believed it to be an honest mistake right away, because a competitor (looking now, several) was out of stock as well. In addition, they had already been very forward about the processing delays. I had no reason not to believe them.

At this point Todd offered me a couple of options - refund my money or wait to get them in. Turns out they're going to be in 8 days. EIGHT DAYS!!! Most vendors would've just swept it under the rug, and maybe sent me an automated e-mail saying "hey your crap's back ordered". But Todd took the time out of HIS day (not some lackey in the back stock room who doesn't care what happens to your order) to keep his valued customers informed. THAT is customer service.

When ordering from Kegconnection, expect honesty, responsiveness, knowledgeable staff and great customer service.

Imagine that, a positive experience out of an order with problems, and all it took was a phone call! You guys rock. I'll be ordering from you again.

Thanks, Todd

Ready to brew: 10 gal. Fat Tire clone

Relax, don't worry, Have a Frew Brew

Old 02-12-2011, 07:16 AM   #2
Garrett
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 17

great story. thanks for sharing. i will soon be ordering from them!

Old 02-14-2011, 06:16 PM   #3
howabouttheiris
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Just completed a 2 tap keg system order from them.

Shipped immediately and was in my hands in a few days.

Kegs were in good shape, all ordered parts were present, and entire system pressurized without incident.

Very pleased.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:56 AM   #4
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Ordered a 2 keg setup from them around December for myself as a gift from someone else. Shipping details ended up being confused (my own fault) and the person I spoke with at Keg Connection was more than cordial. They gave me their cellphone number to call back on instead of waiting on the main line, and held true to all their promises of taking care of it for me.

I've worked in the service industry and can spot people who care when I deal with them. I would gladly give my business to them again. I got a great deal on the setup and they even offered to extend a limited discount if my details took a day or two to get worked out. Kegs arrived in good condition and pressurized, everything put together and packed well.

Completely positive customer experience.

Edit - Best deal I could find as well, and I looked

Old 02-23-2011, 04:28 AM   #5
batty
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I've also had good experiences with them- nothing crazy, but great prices and ease of everything.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:08 PM   #6
cokronk
Recipes 

Default What's up with kegconnection.com?

So right below this post is a post raving about kegconnection.com. I was even referred to them by some one on this site, so I'm gathering that they can't be a terrible company.

Anyways, I e-mailed them with what I needed and they sent me a quote. I replied with the quote asking if the only way to purchase that specific quote was to call them or if there was a way to do it online. I received no answer.

This was probably about a week or two ago. I then called yesterday and left a message with Ben and never received a call back. This is probably about noon or 1 their time. I also tried all their other numbers and got a busy signal then after a while it rang for a while and went straight to voicemail.

Are they on vacation or something? Is there another supplier I should look at purchasing from? I need a keg and some equipment as I have a bucket of beer in my fridge that's taking up a good bit of space and is ready to be kegged.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:22 PM   #7
drumming102
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I know myself and a few others on here have had a few problems but they have always stepped up and made things right when that happened.

I say give them a bit and try to call back and then if not shoot an email again to customer service and also CC it to the owner (he has posted on here a few times and is VERY helpful).

His name is todd. tburns@kegconnection.com
Drinking - American light, Blue Moon Clone
On Tap- English bitter, BB Octoberfest, BB IPA
Surly Midget Brewery

Old 02-23-2011, 03:58 PM   #8
JasonInBTR
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I placed a nice size order with KC about a month ago knowing that they were having some growing pains. Todd called me and we chatted for a while talking about the issues. Bottom line.....he is committed to providing good products at at good price and excellent customer service. If you are having an issue I think he would want to know about it.

This is not a paid endorsement.....just a happy customer

Jason
Bottled - Oatmeal Stout
On Deck -

Old 02-23-2011, 07:45 PM   #9
cokronk
Recipes 

I called at lunch and after trying three numbers and finally getting through on the one that was busy I got to some one and they got my order taken care of. I should have a keg by next week.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #10
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 368 Times on 299 Posts
Likes Given: 499

unfortunately........they aren't always very responsive.

i think they're doing their best, they're very busy, and very helpful.