Kegconnection.com?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
The free shipping and the OK for $350 from SWMBO SURE looks like 4 kegs and some brewing supplies to me.

I had heard good things about kegconnections, any other suggestions?

+1. Totally awesome to work with and fast shipping. Be prepared to clean the crap out of the kegs and go ahead and do yourself a favor and get some extra poppets while you are at it.

Also, go to McMaster.com and get this:

9452K218 1 Pack Buna-n O-ring, As568a Dash Number 417
74695A58 12 Each Bayonet Mixer Nozzle, 5.3"l, 1/4" Blunt Tip
9452K172 1 Pack Buna-n O-ring, As568a Dash Number 109
9452K23 1 Pack Buna-n O-ring, As568a Dash Number 111

Those are all the O rings you will need for the posts (100 for like $2), dip tubes (100 for like $2) and lids (10 for $12) for not to mention the super sweet bayonet twisty things ($1 each when you order 12 or more) that provides resistance to prevent foaming up. Take them out of the tubes they come in and slide them right into your liquid side dip tube for extra insurance against foaming up.

Kegcowboy.com has some good deals too but the price at kegconnection.com is REALLY hard to beat and their customer service is second to none in my opinion.

Enjoy!

Dean

Had a great experience with kegconnection.com. Bought a deluxe 4 keg system with a dual regulator upgrade. The gauge on the regulator the monitors the pressure in the tank wasn't working. They sent me another ASAP. And the kegs I got were pretty clean.

+1 on the o-rings and line-inserts from mcmaster. Just got mine today.

I JUST ordered my kit on friday, partly because of the free shipping. I'll let you know how it goes. This is my first time dealing with them.

I got my 3 keg system from them and all was well except they forgot to add the free stuff they list on their website. Dude on the phone was very helpful though. I would use them again if I was ever starting from scratch again. :mug:

Isn't there an HBT-wide rule that no supplier bashing is allowed, therefore asking this type of question will only get you positive answers.

These are more generic drawbacks I felt that any of the 'kits' had; not bashing...just some stuff to consider, some folks wind up changing these things out of kits in one way or another.

-tap upgrades to Perlicks
-Oetikers instead of worm clamps
-MFL instead of barb fittings
-Bigger CO2 canisters
-Shutoff valves with ballchecks at the manifold

Isn't there an HBT-wide rule that no supplier bashing is allowed, therefore asking this type of question will only get you positive answers.

If crickets were chirping, I'd find another supplier.

+1. Totally awesome to work with and fast shipping. Be prepared to clean the crap out of the kegs and go ahead and do yourself a favor and get some extra poppets while you are at it.

Those are all the O rings you will need for the posts (100 for like $2), dip tubes (100 for like $2) and lids (10 for $12) for not to mention the super sweet bayonet twisty things ($1 each when you order 12 or more) that provides resistance to prevent foaming up. Take them out of the tubes they come in and slide them right into your liquid side dip tube for extra insurance against foaming up.

Kegcowboy.com has some good deals too but the price at kegconnection.com is REALLY hard to beat and their customer service is second to none in my opinion.

Enjoy!

Dean

Incredibly thoughtful and informative post DEAN!!!! You are my new hero.;)

DEAN:mug:CHEEZY

Actually, you'll want to get these:

90025K368 instead of 9452K172 (double-seal, less post tightening required)

and 9396K24 instead of 9452K23 (food-grade).

Duely Noted! Thanks.

Ever heard of kegkits? I'd say that one is fully sanctioned for bashing!

Yeah, I've seen plenty of bashing. And I think stating your actual experience without embellishment is reporting, not bashing.

You can expect a full report from me, good or bad.

I also wanted to post some thumbs up for Kegconnection. I highly recommend them. I purchased a 3 Keg conversion kit in June, (by the way they will let you customize the kits too. I already had a CO2 bottle and regulator and they just took the list price off for those items. I then had enough money to upgrade to Perlicks). Anyway I had purchased 3 low pressure gauges (0-60), but one of the gauges was actually a high pressure gauge. I didn't realize this until I was hooking up my last tap which of course was last week (figures that the gauge I saved for last is the wrong one). Anyway I contacted them and Todd sent me a new low pressure gauge right away. And this was 4 months after I purchased the kit. All I can say is that they are awesome and their customer service is superb. I will definitely buy all of my kegging equipment from them (even if I can find it slightly cheaper elsewhere), they have proven that even after I have made my largest purchase that they still care about me as a customer. And that is truly hard to find sometimes. Thumbs up to Kegconnection.

Enjoy!

Dean

:( ugh! didn't realize they had bayonet twisty things!!!

:( I had already placed my order the other day - they just showed up in the mailbox - I'm guessing others have used the old part numbers without issues?

:( I had already placed my order the other day - they just showed up in the mailbox - I'm guessing others have used the old part numbers without issues?

I think you are guessing right. I got those part numbers from someone who had a ton of posts. That doesn't necessarily mean anything, but think about it: What part of those o-rings actually comes in contact with the beer? Dip tube? Not really. Post? Not really. Lid? Maybe just a little. Maybe, but it doesn't sit in it, it may splash up on there when you slosh it around but it's not like it sits there stewing in it. Those bayonet twisty things aren't food grade I would bet!

I read that that cheap freezer line tubing from Home Depot will also work just as well as the bayonet twisty things and is cheaper at 20 feet for like $2. Make sure it is the hard freezer line and the thinnest diameter they have (there's only two sizes in my store) Give that a shot and see if it helps!

Dean

thx - i think you're right - I'll give the cheap freezer line tubing a shot and see how it works - would be nice to cut down on the amount of tubes in the fridge

These are more generic drawbacks I felt that any of the 'kits' had; not bashing...just some stuff to consider, some folks wind up changing these things out of kits in one way or another.

-tap upgrades to Perlicks
-Oetikers instead of worm clamps
-MFL instead of barb fittings
-Bigger CO2 canisters
-Shutoff valves with ballchecks at the manifold

I ordered the Perlick 425SS upgrade. You have to call and ask but they will do it. Oetikers are standard on kegconnection kits. MFL's are standard as well. You can upgrade to up to a 20lb cylinder and shutoff with ballchecks at the manifolds are standard as well.

I highly recommend calling and speaking with Ben. It may take a time or two to get him on the phone, but it is worth the piece of mind knowing you have gotten all that you want and/or need.

I have only purchased one corny keg setup in my life and after checking around, kegconnection was the best price and their service, again, was stellar.

Just ordered a ton of stuff for my keezer conversion from them 2 weeks ago. It shipped fast and everything was perfect. They had some of the best prices I could find.

I got my set up from them and had it customized to what I needed. Talking to them over the phone they were really helpful and accommodating! A+

Latest posts

Back