Does anybody have one of these Dudadiesel plate chillers???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya, been discussed many times...

I use the small 30 plate chiller for 5 - 10 gallons batches. At 1 gal/min flow rate, I get a ~9F differential. So, for a 10 gallon batch with 60F tap water, the exiting wort is 69F with a total cooling time of 10 minutes.

During the summer, I use a pre-chiller for the incoming tap water. The ground water reaches 80+F here.

I use one with my 50*F tap water and chill to pitching temps in 1 pass, gravity fed!

Used my Dudadiesel 30 plate chiller for the first time today n worked great...from boiling to 73d right away...I did close the valve to restrict flow to get it to come out at this temp.
Back and forward flushed with Oxyclean afterward for 10 min .

1-11-11Dudadiesel30plate-readyforaction.jpg

I believe they have a chart for home brewers on their site that lists the chiller and cooling times. Pretty cool of them to see where some of their business was coming from and embracing it.

If I can keep this thing clean and unrestricted/clogged the benefit to my brewday is huge..Basically wort was chilled within minutes.
The hose water is very cool right now so it may take a little longer in summer months but man, I can't tell you how great it is to have wort ready to pitch yeast minutes after your done boiling..

Back