Bellsouth DSL Rant - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Bellsouth DSL Rant

Old 10-25-2006, 05:13 PM   #21
Chairman Cheyco
***DRAMATIZATION***
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2005
Calgary
Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker-san
I f*cking rule!

Now all you need to do is scam a year's wages and benefits out of your company, quit your job, start smoking pot, work out more and buy a 1970 Firebird.

Then you would rule.

Old 10-25-2006, 05:18 PM   #22
Glibbidy

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Sunny Southern Vermont
Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts

Keep in mind in the future along with throwing out threats to contact the FTC, other great resroucres to use when posed with these hurdles are The Public Service Board, and the Attorney General's office. These governmental entity's tend to send the hair on the back of any telco standing on end, and usually ensure speedy results.

Old 10-25-2006, 05:24 PM   #23
olllllo
[]-O-[]

Recipes 

Apr 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Liked 140 Times on 114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Cheyco
Now all you need to do is scam a year's wages and benefits out of your company, quit your job, start smoking pot, work out more and buy a 1970 Firebird.

Then you would rule.

Also learn to move your head to the left at a particulary opportune time.
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Old 10-25-2006, 06:13 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwj
... They actually tried to tell me I owed them because, even though I returned the equipment and had them switch the service back over, I didn't call their cancellation department...
Comcast loves using that line! They tried using it on two of my friends and they threatened, same as you. Comcast backed down. I got Direct TV a year ago and SBC DSL a few months ago and have never looked back. So far, no problems.

Old 10-25-2006, 06:26 PM   #25
rdwj

Recipes 

Jun 2006
Plainfield, IL
Liked 35 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoobarb
I got Direct TV a year ago and SBC DSL a few months ago and have never looked back. So far, no problems.
I came REALLY close to doing the same. My wife gets the internet covered as a work expense now, so I'd rather keep the speed if everything else in equal.

As far as TV goes, they seem to be pretty much equal, although, I wouldn't mind having the NFL season ticket!

Old 10-26-2006, 04:09 PM   #26
Baron von BeeGee
Beer Bully

Recipes 

Jul 2005
Barony of Fuquay-Varina, NC
Liked 23 Times on 22 Posts

Two bad experiences with BellSouth:
1) DSL (1998) - they were going to offer us service at our old house until I pointed out that we were 27,000' from the office. "Techie" on the line didn't understand why this would be a problem. Eventually I got transferred to an actual tech who realized they shouldn't be offering me service.

2) BellSouth security. We had a security system with them at our old place and got a contract we could cancel (we knew we were moving within 2 years). Turned out the agent was just lying and later they sent another agent who claimed agent 1 had been fired for being crooked (sure, whatever you say), and that the contract couldn't be cancelled. We would be able to transfer it to our new house to finish out the last months on the contract. Later they claimed the contract had reset when we moved and we had a new 3 year contract.

BS: "Why would we install a free security system in your new house if you only had a few months left on your contract?"
Me: "I don't know. I asked you not to and let us just finish the last $150 of charges, but you insisted on installing it anyways."

After faxing them them the amended contract we signed with their agent #2 they gave up.

I'll never deal with them again if I can help it.

Old 11-11-2006, 05:07 PM   #27
Dude
Will work for beer

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Knob Noster, Missouri
Liked 87 Times on 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwj
I came REALLY close to doing the same. My wife gets the internet covered as a work expense now, so I'd rather keep the speed if everything else in equal.

As far as TV goes, they seem to be pretty much equal, although, I wouldn't mind having the NFL season ticket!
Boy am I having a nightmare with DirecTV right now.

Yesterday I had two installation appointments, one in the mornign to move my dish and my connections from the old place to the new place. The other one was in the afternoon to install an HD reciever.

Well, no one showed up for the morning appointment. Someone called me at 11 and said they'd be there at 1. No one showed until 3 PM. I was pissed. I asked the installer why he was so late and he instantly got an attitude with me. He asked me what I wanted him to do about it, and I told him to install what he came to do. He then said maybe I should reschedule for another day if i was so unhappy about it. I said do what you have to do. He walked off and left and now I'm sh!t out of luck.

Guess what? DTV doesn't give a rats ass about it. They aren't doing anything even still today. I have no idea what course of action to take.

I'm supposedly on thier "A" list of customers. Unreal.
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 11-11-2006, 05:25 PM   #28
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Southwest
Liked 808 Times on 512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
Boy am I having a nightmare with DirecTV right now.
Don't bother switching to DISH Network - I had almost exactly the same problem with them.

I signed up for their promotional "Free Move" program because I knew I'd be moving from a temporary apartment to my new house. The technician never showed up. Worse yet, when I called customer service (in INDIA!!!), the barely-comepetent-in-English-speaking representative told me that the technician had come to my house and waited for 30 minutes, but no one was home. I confirmed my address with her, and explained that we'd been home all day. She proceeded to tell ME that I WAS NOT HOME. That's when I went from slightly irritated to just plain pissed off. I asked if the tech was still available, but, of course he had finished for the day. I asked to reschedule ASAP. The answer was, "we have another appointment available in 3 weeks." Pissed off became pure (Yuri) rage. I called every DISH Network number I could find in order to speak to someone in this country. It didn't help. I finally ripped the dish off of the apartment building, and set it up next to the house. When the tech arrived 3 weeks later all I had him do was put the dish on the roof of my house.

WHAT HAPPENED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE?
WHAT THE F$&% IS UP WITH OUT-SOURCING TO THE MIDDLE EAST?

[/RANT]

EDIT: Oh yeah...I also asked about cancelling my service since I was so fed up. They were going to charge me several hundred dollars for early contract termination. Bastards.

Old 11-11-2006, 06:22 PM   #29
Dude
Will work for beer

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Knob Noster, Missouri
Liked 87 Times on 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri_Rage

EDIT: Oh yeah...I also asked about cancelling my service since I was so fed up. They were going to charge me several hundred dollars for early contract termination. Bastards.
In my opinion, they broke the contract by not living up to the installation appointment agreement. I really have no other option besides DirecTV because of NFL Sunday Ticket.

I'm going to do the same thing you ended up doing---I'm going to rip my old dish off the old house and put it up myself temporarily. At least I might have football tomorrow.
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 11-11-2006, 07:07 PM   #30
alemonkey
Recipes 

Jan 2006
Lincoln, NE
Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

DirecTV tried to screw me a couple years ago. They claimed I had never paid them for a month's service (even thought I had the cancelled check in my hand). I talked to some guy who could barely speak english, and he said he'd take care of it.

A few days later, I was disconnected. When I called them they said they'd disconnected me because I'd never paid them. Guess what? No record of the guy I'd talked to on my previous call. I had his name, but they refused to even ask him about it. They demanded I fax a copy of the check to them.

After I faxed it to them, they still claimed I had never paid it, and had no record of receiving the fax. Apparently, the faxes go to one location, and the customer service calls are in another place. The woman I talked to claimed they had no way of contacting the people who receive the faxes. Bull$hit.

So, they told me to fax it again. I did, with a letter complaining about their customer service and telling them I expected someone to call me. Of course, no one did and I still had no service. After a few days, I called them back, and guess what? No record of ever receiving the fax. They told me to fax it a third time and I blew up at them. They still refused to try contacting the people who recieve the faxes - the lady actually told me "that's not my job". So, I told them to cancel my service and they transferred me to the cancellation department.

There, I finally got a guy who gave a rat's a$$ about my business. He immediately credited me for the missing check and gave me a month's free service.

I just don't get it.