Paypal - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Paypal

Old 06-03-2009, 10:16 PM   #1
Bullbythehorns

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I decided to take a HBT vendor up on a special they were running and we set up the transaction. Paypal would not complete the transaction, say they think someone else was trying to access my account. They want me to go thru and now verify my information.

I am in business in China till the end of this week and I don't want to verify my bank info. on these unsecured networks, so I have asked the vendor to wait till next week, if he will. Probably thinks I was trying to scheme him now.

I support all of the security measures Paypal utilizes, but it sure sucks ass when they work against ya.

Just had to rant, cause now I gotta wait longer to finish my keezer
ON TAP: Dry Irish Stout, Epic Pale Ale Clone, BM's Cent Blonde, Blackfoot River IPA, Racer 5 IPA clone with homegrown hops, Oatmeal Chocolate Stout, Threee Floyd's Gumball head clone, Moose Drools Clone
ON DECK: Saison, Pliny the Elder clone

Old 06-03-2009, 10:52 PM   #2
david_42

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Liked 155 Times on 145 Posts

I hear you. Having a problem with CC fraud and it's about 100 times tougher for me to get through Bunk of A's security to talk to someone as it was for someone to make the fraudulent charge.

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 06-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #3
StoutFan
Recipes 

Jan 2009
Wyoming, Michigan
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Well, with great power comes the great problems. PayPal runs the net now, so they have to be uber-sure of everything. I'm sure the vendor will understand. RDWHAHB!

Gambrinous - to be full of beer

Old 06-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #4
Bullbythehorns

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFan View Post
Well, with great power comes the great problems. PayPal runs the net now, so they have to be uber-sure of everything. I'm sure the vendor will understand. RDWHAHB!
Problem is, no homebrew here in China. Pick up my slack for me please.
ON TAP: Dry Irish Stout, Epic Pale Ale Clone, BM's Cent Blonde, Blackfoot River IPA, Racer 5 IPA clone with homegrown hops, Oatmeal Chocolate Stout, Threee Floyd's Gumball head clone, Moose Drools Clone
ON DECK: Saison, Pliny the Elder clone

Old 06-04-2009, 12:44 PM   #5
conpewter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2007
East Dundee, Illinois
Liked 53 Times on 48 Posts

I dislike paypal, mostly because I think their fees are exorbitant. I hope you get it all worked out!

Primary: Nothin
Secondary: Shady Lord RIS, Water to Barleywine, Pumpkin wine, burnt mead
Kegged: Crappy infected mild
Bottles: Apfelwein, 999 Barleywine, Oatmeal Stout, Robust Porter, Robust smoked porter, Simcoe Smash

Old 06-04-2009, 01:41 PM   #6
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 5010 Times on 3381 Posts

They think some Chinese person is using your account. It sucks, but it would be worse if it was really happening.

My wife's Bank Card got stolen and we caught it quick, but not before they bought some Proactive Solution (which got shipped to our house) and we also recieved several pictures from an online development studio (looked like random images). Couple of other small charges.

I don't mind Paypal so much. It's pretty convenient and I don't use it all the time.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:01 PM   #7
bull8042
I like 'em shaved
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2008
Fort Mill, SC
Liked 452 Times on 448 Posts

Look, I am on a very secure network. Just send me all your personal info and I will be happy to straighten everything out with PayPal for you.

As for your username, I would appreciate it if you would get your grubby paws off my horns too! hehehe

"I do gravity feed the last gallon or two through my Therminator, but I expect you could suck start a Volkswagen before you could suck start one of these. - GilaMinumBeer

"..... Bull was right." - TXCurtis