As the Chinese say: Gan bei

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncHellMatt

Reaction score
So this is my first batch in ages, and I have deemed it tasty:

IMAG0669.jpg

Now this isn't the batch I'd posted about a month ago which boiled over, that's this one:

IMAG0670.jpg

It's still sort of bubbling here and there, not an awful lot, but enough to get me to hang on before trying to bottle! This one looks to be rather like I was aiming for, sort of a chocolate porter, so I won't be at all surprised if it needs a bit more time in the carboy before it's ready for the bottle.

Anyway, bottoms up, folks. This first batch of mine is very tasty. A bit like Newcastle, which is what I was aiming for. Dark malt grains at the beginning with light malt extract, not overly hoppy, not a whole lot of head on there but passable. Thanks all you who have been at this for a while! I think my next batch may be at least a partial mash (though considering how tiny my galley kitchen is, that might not be a bold plan).

:mug:

Back