Colour (Canadian draught)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IdiotSlayer

Reaction score
My first brew is a draught, it's almost time to bottle but the beer itself still looks a little too dark. I was told it would clear up by this point. Does colour matter much? It doesn't look gross, but it hasn't changed colour since I racked to secondary.

Were you expecting it to? I've never seen a beer change color when it get's racked. A clear beer will appear darker in the fermenter, but that can happen regardless of what type of vessel it's in.

I was expecting it to because the instructions said it would clear up a bit. Maybe I'm just fretting needlessly. That's good to know though, thanks.

Beer will not change color. It may clear due to sitting in the ferementer - over time yeast and other heavier particles will drop out (flocculate) and leave the beer clear.

If you want to accelerate the clearing process, try using a fining agent. Gelatin is really simple to use and works nicely.

Latest posts

Back