Scored a sink!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpt_Kirks

Reaction score
My Mom got new counter tops, and one of those fancy black sinks. She gave my wife, who was also getting new counter tops her old (almost new) deep, stainless steel sink. My wife pitched her old, stainless steel sink. Which I pounced on.

Along with my other projects while I'm off for the holidays, I am going to add some legs to this sink.

By the time I'm done, I will have an entire portable kitchen to brew in.

:rockin:

/jealousy mode ON/
Bastitch! And I bet you will have hot water to it too! Farging Ice-hole!
/jealousy mode OFF/

That's a definite future project for me! The only thing SWMBO complains about is me washing yeasty kegs in the kitchen sink.
-keith

Nice score. I set up a sink in my garage between the washer and dryer. It was sweet. You'll love it.

I don't know what a stainless sink weighs, but I was at the local metal junk yard the other day and they must have bought out 20 restaurants. There were stainless sinks piled 20 ft high. But they are selling it for 3 dollars a pound, which I think is way high. I plan on plumbing the garage this summer, and will be looking to put a sink in. My local habitat for humanity store is selling standard shop washtubs for 12 bucks. That will probably be the way I go. Nice score though.

I use my tub- That said, I would go get some 2X4's, caulk and paneling to make a short shower stall- that way you don't have to lift heavy things up, easy to plumb and add spray attachment (bottle washer?), etc. Of course, if you don't have most of that lying around and the price is right, I would definitely go for a nice stainless steel sink!

I'm going to put a garden hose adapter on the cold water line.

This has the faucet, sprayer and everything. It is light enough that even with some 2x4 legs, I can easily move it from the garage to the backyard, depending on the weather.

Latest posts

Back