What are you brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm brewing a vanilla chocolate porter. The vanilla beans aren't arriving till next week, but that's ok cause they're going in secondary. I also need to bottle my Arrogant Bastard tomorrow.

I brewed an American Amber last night, does that count?

I wanted my weekend to be free for golfing, mountain biking, fishing, college football, etc.

I brewed an American Amber last night, does that count?

I wanted my weekend to be free for golfing, mountain biking, fishing, college football, etc.

Sure pal why not;) Actually that is a good plan but last time I brew after work I was up 'til 1 and I am an old fart, well maybe not but still my body has its own clock.

Helping a brew buddy do his pumpkin spice ale tonight, brewing my Copper Ale tomorrow. Where did you find you recipe for the Moose Drool that is one of my favorites...

5 gallons of belgian red (if I get the grain I want to make it red) and 10 gallons of southern english brown (which will be more like a black ale, maybe!)

Should be a fun Sunday.

If today at 2am counts as the weekend, then I brewed what I hope will be a nice Mild. Although my water calculations were a bit off and I needed a pretty long boil. Oh well, such is life.

just bottled a sierra nevada pale ale clone and plan on brewing an american wheat, my first beer from austin home brew

This weekend is the jump.......the jump to all grain!!! I'm nervous as heck but it must be done. Irish Red is my SWMBO and my favorite so I bought enough grain for 25 gallons in 5g batches. 65 gallons of extract have convinced me to try.:eek:

I'm brewing up a Weihnachtsbock to give as Christmas presents. I'm also bottling my Dunkelweizen. As an experiment, I'll transfer 3 liters of it to a tiny secondary and add peaches.

Helping a brew buddy do his pumpkin spice ale tonight, brewing my Copper Ale tomorrow. Where did you find you recipe for the Moose Drool that is one of my favorites...

It is from the Can you brew it show on the brewing network

http://www.thebrewingnetwork.com/shows/482

The only thing is that during the interview with the brewer, he said that there are 2 liberty additions and CYBI only did one, anyways, so this is what I am going with.

--------------------------
Batch Size: 6.00 gal
Boil Size: 7.54 gal
Estimated OG: 1.052 SG
Estimated Color: 19.2 SRM
Estimated IBU: 27.1 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 83.00 %
Boil Time: 70 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
9.00 lb Great Western American Pale (3.0 SRM) Grain 86.75 %
1.04 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 80L (80.0 SRM) Grain 9.99 %
0.31 lb Chocolate Malt (400.0 SRM) Grain 2.94 %
0.03 lb Black (Patent) Malt (525.0 SRM) Grain 0.32 %
1.53 oz Goldings, East Kent [4.75 %] (60 min) Hops 21.8 IBU
0.66 oz Liberty [4.30 %] (10 min) Hops 3.1 IBU
0.66 oz Williamette [5.50 %] (5 min) Hops 2.2 IBU
0.65 oz Liberty [4.30 %] (0 min) Hops -
1 Pkgs SafAle English Ale (DCL Yeast #S-04) Yeast-Ale

Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Medium Body
Total Grain Weight: 10.37 lb
----------------------------
Single Infusion, Medium Body
Step Time Name Description Step Temp
60 min Mash In Add 14.00 qt of water at 161.7 F 151.0 F
10 min Mash Out Add 7.26 qt of water at 205.2 F 168.0 F

Batch #35 in Week #60 will be a Bavarian Hefeweizen

to the guy making Bell's 2 hearted clone. = swap out the Centennial for Amarillo sometime - it's really nice.

B3's mini mash Oatmeal stout, only with 8oz of unsweetened chocolate in the boil and a vanilla bean after a week in primary

Decided to brew a quick extract. It's Orfy's mild mannered ale. I also may try to brew ed's porter.

I am brewing a partial mash pumpkin ale...I substituted Accorn squash for the pumpkin though...the grocery store was all out of canned pumpkin...

Just finished bottling som Hatch Chili Beer and have the wort boiling for some Pale Ale.

Tomorrow is Octoberfest (early) at our local pub. Brats and Beer and Kraut. Yum....

Batch #35 in Week #60 will be a Bavarian Hefeweizen

to the guy making Bell's 2 hearted clone. = swap out the Centennial for Amarillo sometime - it's really nice.

I would but I just bought 2 lb of Centennial(along with other hops) from hopsdirect.com. Not a bad idea though.

Brewing the Mac & Jack's Afrikan Amber clone. Never had the original, but it looks like a great recipe (!) and I've got the hops for it in my freezer.

Was hoping to make this my first AG batch, but I couldn't get my cooler/MLT to stop leaking, so instead it'll hopefully be my last PM brew (for now, at least). :)

I was thinking of finally trying my luck on a belgian strong/trippel..
that or a nut brown ale, wheather permitting.
And throw some ribs and pork butt on the grill, turn the phone off and say screw it, i'm not talking to anyone today.

Back